Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » help
help [message #210901] Sat, 23 December 2006 01:14 Go to next message
dreamgirl
Hi ......

I just completed my first full programme in oracle and have two quetions.

1-how to hide my code and change the programme to executable only.

2-how to make the programme open from an icon on the user's desktop.

Thanks...
Re: help [message #210912 is a reply to message #210901] Sat, 23 December 2006 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Well, it depends on what you call a "full program". If it is a SQL script, I'm not sure you'll be able to hide it (unless you set file's "Hide" property to "Yes" if operating system allows it). On the other hand, if it is a stored procedure, you might use the Wrap utility which will make the code unreadable, but still executable.

To run it using an icon, create a batch script which will open the SQL*Plus session and run the script, something like
REM My_fist_program.bat

SQLPLUS -S scott/tiger @c:\your_script.sql
, while your_script.sql could look like
-- your_script.sql

select * from dept;

set serveroutput on;

exec prc_sysdate;

If you are talking about different kind of Oracle code (form, report), do tell so; we'll see what next.
Re: help [message #210929 is a reply to message #210912] Sat, 23 December 2006 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dreamgirl
Thank you sooooooooooooo much for replying..

I'm using oracle form builder (developer)...

It's a programme for a car workshop including reports and everything.
Re: help [message #210935 is a reply to message #210929] Sat, 23 December 2006 13:21 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Which version of Oracle Developer Suite did you use? If it was 6i, you might create an icon which would run a menu form. But, if it is 9i or 10g, it is to be run using Internet Browser so icon you are talking about is, actually, a browser one (which could, as a start page, have address of your menu form).

As of protecting your code: executables (.fmx and .rep) can not be read. If you don't supply .fmb and .rdf (or .jsp) files, they won't be able to modify your code. For stored procedures (if any), use already mentioned wrap utility.

[Updated on: Sat, 23 December 2006 13:24]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: How to display records into a non table base block.....
Next Topic: OC4J Instance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 15:26:55 CDT 2024