Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Widening and Shrinking fields in Forms and Auto size (merged)
Widening and Shrinking fields in Forms and Auto size (merged) [message #180619] Tue, 04 July 2006 07:50 Go to next message
nirmalnarayan
In Oracle Apps, there is a menu item Widen field and Shrink field, under the main menu item 'Folder', the purpose of the 'Widen field' is to increase the width of the field in which the cursor is present so that the user can view the whole data in the field, 'Shrink field' will do just the opposite.

If the cursor is in a multi-record, multi-field block , all the records will widen or shrink to any extend, and the fields adjacent to the cursor field will adjust their position to right side of the screen as the cursor field width is widened, when the cursor field width is shrinked, the adjacent fields will reposition to left of the screen.

There is a requirement to simulate the same in Oracle Forms, Can any one help with customisable code for the same ?

Thanks

NN
Re: Widening and Shrinking fields in Forms [message #180623 is a reply to message #180619] Tue, 04 July 2006 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saadatahmad

you can download the code from here and this does exactly what you require.
http://sheikyerbouti.developpez.com/fjtable/FJTable_Forms_tool.htm

I got the functionality by following the procude mentioned in the site.

regards,
Saadat Ahmad
Re: Widening and Shrinking fields in Forms [message #180627 is a reply to message #180623] Tue, 04 July 2006 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nirmalnarayan
Hi
Thanks for a quick reply man,

I will get back to after testing this functionality.

Thanks and Regards,

Nirmal
Widening and Shrinking fields in Forms [message #180955 is a reply to message #180627] Wed, 05 July 2006 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nirmalnarayan
The function works well, i need another feature like AUTO_SIZE ALL, this will automatically resize the fields, according to the width of the content of the fields.

Thanks and Regards,

Nirmal Narayanan.
Auto size [message #180994 is a reply to message #180619] Thu, 06 July 2006 04:12 Go to previous message
nirmalnarayan
How can we auto size fields programmatically in Oracle Forms. I am using Forms 10g.

Thanks and Regards,

NN
Previous Topic: How to move canvas items
Next Topic: Restrict Connection to Data Base Whit Other Application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:52:09 CDT 2024