Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Cancel Add (create record) Transaction
Cancel Add (create record) Transaction [message #180028] Thu, 29 June 2006 20:24 Go to next message
cong
After the user clicks the Add button, a new record is inserted. All fields are required. If the user decides to close or exit from the module, the message "Field must be entered" is displayed. To be able to exit, the user needs to enter data, click Delete button then, Exit and just cancel the transaction.

I want to add a Clear Record button that will be used to cancel Add or Modify transaction. How do I go about it?

Also, how do I make the label in the push button, 2 lines? Meaning, Clear then, next line is Record. This is because of space constraint. Thanks!

Thanks for replying to my previous question!
Re: Cancel Add (create record) Transaction [message #180288 is a reply to message #180028] Sun, 02 July 2006 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cong
I tried setting the required property of the columns to false after clicking cancel record button but still, the message Field must be entered is displayed. Pls. help.
Re: Cancel Add (create record) Transaction [message #180322 is a reply to message #180028] Mon, 03 July 2006 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
To make a label go onto a second line then use the set_item_property and in the text field use something like 'text for line 1'||chr(10)||'text for line 2'.

You should be able to enter that literal via the Form Builder property sheet by double clicking the label literal field and then pressing the 'enter' key to give you the line break that you want.

David
Re: Cancel Add (create record) Transaction [message #180324 is a reply to message #180028] Mon, 03 July 2006 02:03 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
The reason you have to delete the record is that you have touched at least one of the new fields. I suggest that you use the When-Create-Record trigger to populate any needed information but that you DO NOT set any fields to NULL.

Please post how you are currently populating a new record.

David
Previous Topic: Module not loading
Next Topic: Exporting to Excel;
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:56:45 CDT 2024