Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Restric form use
Restric form use [message #179395] Tue, 27 June 2006 05:17 Go to next message
dude4084
Hi

I want to restrict FORMs use in such a way that if the end user copies the form from one computer to another then it should not run.

Let me explain further: I am feared that a person having a little know how about oracle SQL export and Forms will be able to export/import DMP file (backuped data) and will copy the FMX forms to other PC and will be in a position to execute the program (though independently)

How can i stop this expected practice?
is there any way that we can check the unique no of any given PC. e.g. Hard disk serial number or processor serial number etc

-Dude
Re: Restric form use [message #179533 is a reply to message #179395] Tue, 27 June 2006 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Forget it! Copying the fmx and the data will NOT give them a running system.

Depending on the version of Forms you used, they will have to install the Oracle database and Client software that matches almost EXACTLY the versions that you used to generate your application.

If you want to be sneaky then create a special table as 'system' and then access it in a database package, making sure that you hide all the error messages, and after using 'wrap' on the code. This will stop them from being able to compile the code.

David
Re: Restric form use [message #179534 is a reply to message #179395] Tue, 27 June 2006 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Search this forum for 'serial number' and you will find http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/134312/67467/?srch=serial+number#msg_134312

David
Re: Restric form use [message #180165 is a reply to message #179395] Fri, 30 June 2006 08:12 Go to previous message
dude4084
Dear David

alyhough i dont know about "database package, making sure that you hide all the error messages, and after using 'wrap' on the code."

BUt your referred link has solved my problem.

You are always of great help for this foorum!

-Dude
Previous Topic: Duplicate Record
Next Topic: How to ask execute records automatically?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:43:56 CDT 2024