Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Form canvas issue
Form canvas issue [message #176807] Fri, 09 June 2006 13:53 Go to next message
sikorsky05
I have a form that contains
Canvas A - content Canvas
Canvas B - Stacked Canvas...
1st I started by having both canvases on seperate windows and having them set to content canvas....

What I wanted to be able to do is when canvas A is open go to canvas B and still keep canvas A active. so I can copy and paste info from canvas A into B ...
So I was given the advice of changing Canvas B into a stacked canvas and point to the same window as canvas A and that will keep canvas A still active... But the problem I am having is I want to be able to move canvas B around ... can't seem to do that... Is there any other way I can set this up... or how can I code it so I can move canvas B around instead of it being fixed to a specific location

Thanks
Re: Form canvas issue [message #177285 is a reply to message #176807] Tue, 13 June 2006 17:53 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Put them both on the same content canvas.

Create canvas A, when the user wants to go to the other data display a canvas B which MIMICS canvas A on the left (for example) and has the 'B' fields on the right. Then the user has both fields available at the same time. When the user is finished with the 'B' fields then close this canvas, repopulate the A canvas and then redisplay it. The user does not need to be told that they are using two different canvas, to them it will just look at though the 'B' fields 'suddenly' appeared.

Alternatively, try having the 'B' fields on the canvas at all times but change the size of the window so that they are not visible. You will have to make sure that the fields are also not available or the canvas will automatically jump around inside the window as you go to the 'B' field. To display the 'B' fields just increase the size of the window.

David
Previous Topic: How to capture ms-word events from Forms (by using ole)
Next Topic: 6i Web Forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:25:08 CDT 2024