Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Capturing Forms Message Input
Capturing Forms Message Input [message #171082] Mon, 08 May 2006 05:19 Go to next message
nirmalnarayan

Whenever a user tries to close a form after making any changes, the form issues a default message window
asking whether to save the changes made, with three buttons for user input namely 'yes' , 'no', 'cancel'. how can we capture the user input to this default message window and code an appropriate programmatically defined action, rather than the default form action.

Thanks,

Nirmal
Re: Capturing Forms Message Input [message #171099 is a reply to message #171082] Mon, 08 May 2006 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jowahl
i think you have to write this procedure.
for example:

on KEY-EXIT trigger check, if :SYSTEM.STATUS = 'CHANGED'
in this case raise an alert ("Do you want to commit ...") and depending on the user selection execute some code.
Re: Capturing Forms Message Input [message #171195 is a reply to message #171099] Mon, 08 May 2006 23:52 Go to previous message
nirmalnarayan
I don't want to write any new message. I only need to capture the user input for the default message and navigate to some other form. My problem how to capture the user input for the default message.

Thanks,

Nirmal
Previous Topic: Counting the number of rows in a group
Next Topic: devloper form 6i not connect with oracle 8i & oracle form 6 installation error (merged)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:56:53 CDT 2024