Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » master-detail relationship
master-detail relationship [message #169647] Thu, 27 April 2006 22:50 Go to next message
prase_pk
I have two tables.
The first table contains some columns and many records.
The second table has a column row_id which has the values of the rowid from the first table and other columns are specific to this table but with just the relationship being the rowid.

Can some body tell me if I can create a master-detail relationship between a database block with the first table and a non database block(control block) with the fields from the second table and also some other tables. with the above scenario i have some constraints to create a database block for the second block.

Can I create relationship with the rowid as the join ???
Re: master-detail relationship [message #169940 is a reply to message #169647] Sun, 30 April 2006 21:33 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
For master-detail, search this forum for 'master detail'. By definition, rowid is unique therefore it can't be used between tables. And don't even THINK of storing a rowid as a field in another table. The rowid typically changes when a record is imported from an export WHICH IS THE WAY THAT YOU BACKUP A TABLE. Therefore, DON'T store them!

David
Previous Topic: FRM-10043 - OLB file corrupted ?
Next Topic: autogenerate
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 07:29:21 CDT 2024