Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to enable SQL TRACE for a particular Session through Forms6i?
How to enable SQL TRACE for a particular Session through Forms6i? [message #165559] Thu, 30 March 2006 22:48 Go to next message
saboorpan

Hi,

How to enable SQL TRACE for a particular Session and then read the trace file of that session using TKPROF using forms?

I would like to do this through forms 6i. I know it is not recommended but I have to do this through forms.

In this connection, I am not getting the clear point that how to enable SQL Trace for a particular session.

Suppose if I make this form application for SQL TRACING and then connect to this application using system/manager account, will the SQL TRACING enable for the user System who is currently connect to this form application or will I enable SQL Tracing for any user in the database who is currently connected to database via this form application.

I will be very much thankful if some one gives me the clear concept about what I want.

I know Oracle has also had its GUI TOOL for SQL Tracing but I have to do it with forms.
Your solution will be very much appreciated.

Regards

Saboor
Re: How to enable SQL TRACE for a particular Session through Forms6i? [message #166027 is a reply to message #165559] Tue, 04 April 2006 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have a look at http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/59513/67467/ for an example of creating and running a script from within a form.

David
Re: How to enable SQL TRACE for a particular Session through Forms6i? [message #166872 is a reply to message #166027] Mon, 10 April 2006 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saboorpan
I visited http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/59513/67467/ but I didnt get an idea.
Could someone please give some example that how should we do it using forms.

Saboorpan
Re: How to enable SQL TRACE for a particular Session through Forms6i? [message #169464 is a reply to message #166872] Thu, 27 April 2006 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saboorpan

Hi,

How to enable SQL TRACE for a particular Session and then read the trace file of that session using TKPROF using forms?

I would like to do this through forms 6i. I know it is not recommended but I have to do this through forms.

In this connection, I am not getting the clear point that how to enable SQL Trace for a particular session.

Suppose if I make this form application for SQL TRACING and then connect to this application using system/manager account, will the SQL TRACING enable for the user System who is currently connect to this form application or will I enable SQL Tracing for any user in the database who is currently connected to database via this form application.

I will be very much thankful if some one gives me the clear concept about what I want.

I know Oracle has also had its GUI TOOL for SQL Tracing but I have to do it with forms.
Your solution will be very much appreciated.

Regards

Saboor Pan
Re: How to enable SQL TRACE for a particular Session through Forms6i? [message #169960 is a reply to message #169464] Mon, 01 May 2006 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saboorpan
Hi,

Is anyone assists me about what I posted earlier?
It has been more than a month?
I didn't get what I wanted in the site which DJMARTIN referred.

Thanks

Saboorpan
Re: How to enable SQL TRACE for a particular Session through Forms6i? [message #169967 is a reply to message #169960] Mon, 01 May 2006 01:45 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Sorry, but all I can suggest is that you print out the referenced thread and work your way through it. Post by post until you find the posts on which everyone agrees, and then line by line through the code. It is the only worked example of which I know.

David
Previous Topic: Sequence Number in Detail Block
Next Topic: linking between forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 07:19:49 CDT 2024