Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to debug a function belonging to an attached library?
How to debug a function belonging to an attached library? [message #165146] Tue, 28 March 2006 08:37 Go to next message
sandudana
Hi everybody,

I am working with Developer Suite 10g on a 9iR2 database.I am 'playing' with F90UTIL pl/sql library which comes with the Forms Demos (downloaded from otn).

I created a form to which I attached the F90UTIL library. On a WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger I call the function f90write.write_html (package f90write belongs to F90UTIL library). At run-time something is not working properly, the execution hangs in the write_html function. (I placed a breakpoint into the WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger , went through the code with F7 and saw that when execution reaches the write_html function execution hungs).

I want to execute write_html function step by step in order to see what happens by placing a breakpoint in it. How can I debug this function?. In Object Navigator, under node Attached Libraries I select the function write_html of the F90UTIL library, mouse right click ,choose PL/SQL Editor but nothing happens.

So, how can I debug this functions?Why can't I see it's PL/SQL code in object navigator (under Attached Libraries Node) in order to put a breakpoint?

Any help will be appreciated.
thank you
daniela
Re: How to debug a function belonging to an attached library? [message #165220 is a reply to message #165146] Tue, 28 March 2006 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
The PLL HAS to be in a directory in your FORMSxx_PATH. I recommend that it be in the FIRST directory of this ..._PATH and that you start your Forms Builder IN that directory. IF you do this then the debug 'next step' will be able to open and show the PLL when you 'step out' of your form.

David
Re: How to debug a function belonging to an attached library? [message #165287 is a reply to message #165220] Wed, 29 March 2006 04:43 Go to previous message
sandudana
You were right! Now I can do the debug.

Thank you very much David.
Previous Topic: see my code for runtime lov
Next Topic: Formatting Time from Date within SQL create Table statements
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:24:32 CDT 2024