Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Steps for applying patch
Steps for applying patch [message #157217] Wed, 01 February 2006 02:00 Go to next message
behari_wolf
Hi,

I got the patch 17 for forms 6i.
Now I am trying to download this patch from MetaLink.
The size of file is more than 100 MB.
After downloading this patch, could someone please inform me the steps that how to apply this patch to forms 6i on my windows 2000 professional.

Thanks

Behari
Re: Steps for applying patch [message #157244 is a reply to message #157217] Wed, 01 February 2006 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orausern
Hi,

Every patch has a README file included in it that describes all the steps that needs to be done to apply the patch..in addition it also describes the preinstallation steps that you may need to do before starting to apply and also post installation steps , also sometimes they include steps on how to rollback the patch after applying it so you will get all the information needed in the README file.
Re: Steps for applying patch [message #157642 is a reply to message #157244] Fri, 03 February 2006 11:00 Go to previous message
RJ.Zijlstra
Hi Behari,

Fiinally got it?

Good, after download is complete, THE FIRST THING you do is burn a copy of it on a cd. (or at least make a save copy somewhere if you do not have a burner)
Then read the README -as already suggested- and take it from me: it's as easy as can be.

Have a nice weekend,
Previous Topic: menu
Next Topic: multi record block loop problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:31:48 CDT 2024