Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Formatting Time from Date within SQL create Table statements
Formatting Time from Date within SQL create Table statements [message #155647] Tue, 17 January 2006 16:09 Go to next message
robhulse
Ive had alook through the books available to me. The problem im presented with is formatting time from the date datatype but not via insert statements. Basically, is there any means to format to time(HH24:MM preferred) within a create table statement? Eventually im looking to conduct calculations using times in order to create business rules. Im hoping that i can restrict the length of time between two time values using triggers and program units.
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks
Re: Formatting Time from Date within SQL create Table statements [message #155650 is a reply to message #155647] Tue, 17 January 2006 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Art Metzer
I'm not sure what you're asking.

If you want to store time down to the second, then use a DATE datatype.
SQL> CREATE TABLE t (d DATE)
  2  /

Table created.

SQL> INSERT INTO t VALUES (SYSDATE);
SQL> INSERT INTO t VALUES (SYSDATE + 1/24);
SQL> INSERT INTO t VALUES (SYSDATE + 1);

SQL> SELECT TO_CHAR(t.d
  2         ,       'Dy DD-MON-YYYY fmHH:fmMI:SS AM') dates
  3  FROM   t
  4  /

DATES
---------------------------
Tue 17-JAN-2006 5:14:48 PM
Tue 17-JAN-2006 6:14:48 PM
Wed 18-JAN-2006 5:14:48 PM

SQL>
If you want to see the minutes and seconds, then you need to adjust the format model in your TO_CHAR call accordingly....

Can you give us some CREATE TABLE and INSERT statements, and tell us what it is that you're trying to do?

Re: Formatting Time from Date within SQL create Table statements [message #155659 is a reply to message #155647] Tue, 17 January 2006 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scottwmackey
No. Time is not 'formatted' in the database. You will have to format the date when you select it. You could also look into NLS_DATE_FORMAT.
Re: Formatting Time from Date within SQL create Table statements [message #155669 is a reply to message #155647] Tue, 17 January 2006 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robhulse
The only problem i have there is:
When i get a user to input data into my Oracle Forms, the formatting 'tags' wont be present and basically the form wont work. I just wondered if i could format time in the database thats all.
To give you some background info:
Im creating a dissertation piece looking into the techniques and functions of Oracle Forms builder. As a subject im relating the database to the United Kingdom Heavy Goods Vehicle driver's hour's regulations('Government red tape really').
For an example;
A driver of a truck must adhere to the regulations, one of which states that a minimum of a 45minute break must be taken after 4 1/2 hours driving. However, this can be broken down. So he might drive 1 hour, have 15 mins break and drive for 3 1/2 hours before having the remaining 30mins of his break.
So,
Ive structured a table so that there are various drive times and rest times.IE
CREATE TABLE Working_Day(
	The_Date		DATE 		NOT NULL,
	FK_Driving_Lic		VARCHAR(10) 	NOT NULL,
	FK_Vehicle_Reg		VARCHAR(9) 	NOT NULL,
	DriveTime1		DATE 		,
	RestPeriod1		DATE		,
	DriveTime2		DATE		,
	RestPeriod2		DATE		,
	DriveTime3		DATE		,
	RestPeriod3		DATE		,
	DriveTime4		DATE		,
	RestPeriod4		DATE		,
	DriveTime5		DATE		,
	TotalDriveTime		NUMBER (4,2)	,
	DailyRestPeriod		NUMBER (4,2)	);

There are constraints but these aint important now. All id like is to be able to set the orders of events in sequence and set the times in the releant fields.

So
Driver starts: 07:00(drivetime1)
First break: 10:00(restperiod1)

and so forth, just so i can create calculations to represent the regulations and produce error handling if the rules are breached.

It might be the case that there is a feature in Forms Builder for this purpose and my post is in the wrong section.
Thanks again.

Upd-mod: Add code tags.

[Updated on: Wed, 18 January 2006 18:25] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Formatting Time from Date within SQL create Table statements [message #155694 is a reply to message #155647] Wed, 18 January 2006 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
plsql11
Hi,

If its a problem of forms use the format property for the item and that would reaolve the issue.

Regards.
Re: Formatting Time from Date within SQL create Table statements [message #155699 is a reply to message #155694] Wed, 18 January 2006 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Moved to Forms.

MHE
Re: Formatting Time from Date within SQL create Table statements [message #155835 is a reply to message #155699] Wed, 18 January 2006 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
You say you are doing a 'dissertation piece'. Well, I hope that either, you condescend to use apostrophes and correct capitalisation or they mark you do for it, because it is annoying to try and read your current text.

Now, with that off my chest, I find your current table structure deficient in a number of ways. The most important is that it probably won't handle someone driving from 10pm to 2am the following day and where you ask the question "Who was driving on day 'n'?" as, with your current structure, you would, most probably, search by 'The_Date'.

We could fill reams of paper with different table structures and the philosophy behind them but I would like to propose the following oversimplified two table structure.
CREATE TABLE DRIVERS
(
  DRIVER_ID       NUMBER(10)                    NOT NULL,
  FK_DRIVING_LIC  VARCHAR2(10 BYTE)             NOT NULL,
  FK_VEHICLE_REG  VARCHAR2(9 BYTE)              NOT NULL
);

CREATE TABLE TRIP_TIMES
(
  DRIVER_ID   NUMBER(10)                        NOT NULL,
  TRIP_START  DATE,
  TRIP_END    DATE
);

You could define another table 'Trips' that fits between 'Drivers' and 'Trip_Times'. It is not necessary absolutely necessary but could be used to hold accumulated trips.
CREATE TABLE TRIPS
(
  TRIP_ID     NUMBER(10)                        NOT NULL,
  DRIVER_ID   NUMBER(10)                        NOT NULL,
  TRIP_TOTAL  DATE,
  REST_TOTAL  DATE
);

CREATE TABLE TRIP_TIMES
(
  TRIP_ID     NUMBER(10)                        NOT NULL,
  TRIP_START  DATE,
  TRIP_END    DATE
);

For a particular driver and trip you would record the start and end time (and date, but this could be defaulted during data entry to save key strokes, or logic could be built into the code so that if the end time is less than the start time and the total is less than 5 hours then it is assumed to be the next day.

Use a display format of 'dd-Mon-yyyy HH24:MI' for the start and end times, but in a Pre-Text-Item trigger change the format for the start time to 'dd/mm/yyyy HI24:MI' and put it back to normal in a Post-Text-Item trigger. For the end time field, set the format in a Pre-Text-Item to 'HH24:MI' and add the hours and minutes to the truncated start date. Attention needs to be taken of the condition detailed in the previous paragraph.

A few records.
INSERT INTO TRIP_TIMES ( TRIP_ID, TRIP_START, TRIP_END ) VALUES ( 
1,  TO_Date( '01/01/2006 02:00:00 PM', 'MM/DD/YYYY HH:MI:SS AM'),  
TO_Date( '01/01/2006 04:00:00 PM', 'MM/DD/YYYY HH:MI:SS AM')); 
1,  TO_Date( '01/01/2006 05:00:00 PM', 'MM/DD/YYYY HH:MI:SS AM'),  
TO_Date( '01/01/2006 06:00:00 PM', 'MM/DD/YYYY HH:MI:SS AM')); 
1,  TO_Date( '01/01/2006 10:00:00 AM', 'MM/DD/YYYY HH:MI:SS AM'),  
TO_Date( '01/01/2006 12:00:00 PM', 'MM/DD/YYYY HH:MI:SS AM')); 
2,  TO_Date( '01/01/2006 10:00:00 AM', 'MM/DD/YYYY HH:MI:SS AM'),  
3,  TO_Date( '01/01/2006 10:00:00 AM', 'MM/DD/YYYY HH:MI:SS AM'),  
COMMIT;

To get the duration of a trip use:
select to_char (trunc (sysdate)
                + (max (tt.trip_end) - min (tt.trip_start) ),
                'HH24:MI') "Trip Duration"
  from trip_times tt
 where 1 = 1
   and tt.trip_id = 1;

To get total time travelled:
select to_char (trunc (sysdate) + sum ( (tt.trip_end) - (tt.trip_start) ),
                'HH24:MI') "Driving Time"
  from trip_times tt
 where 1 = 1
   and tt.trip_id = 1;

To get total of rest periods:
select to_char (trunc (sysdate)
                + sum ( (tt2.trip_start) - (tt1.trip_end) ),
                'HH24:MI') "Rest Time"
  from trip_times tt1, trip_times tt2
 where 1 = 1
   and tt1.trip_end = (select max (tt3.trip_end)
                         from trip_times tt3
                        where 1 = 1
                          and tt3.trip_end <= tt2.trip_start)
   and tt1.trip_id = tt2.trip_id
   and tt1.trip_id = 1;

Work with these and come back with any questions.

David

[Updated on: Wed, 18 January 2006 20:46]

Re: Formatting Time from Date within SQL create Table statements [message #155955 is a reply to message #155647] Thu, 19 January 2006 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robhulse
You've been most helpful, thank you.
By the way, you suggested that my tutors should 'mark me do for it,' didn't you mean down? Wink I'll correct my sloppy grammer in future. Thanks again.
Re: Formatting Time from Date within SQL create Table statements [message #155956 is a reply to message #155955] Thu, 19 January 2006 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Just wanted to get your attention. Yes, I did mean down. Get back to us with any issues that arise from your work. Remember that the solution I just presented works for JDeveloper and HTMLDB as it is a SQL solution, not just a Forms solution.

David
Re: Formatting Time from Date within SQL create Table statements [message #155959 is a reply to message #155647] Thu, 19 January 2006 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robhulse
Going back to the problem. What you have suggested is much better than my original idea. However, the main reason I have to break each period down is because eventually I have to constrain each of these periods. Well, when I say constrain, I actually mean produce some means as to educate the end user. I don't think the answer to my concerned content would be to prevent data being entered. Instead, it should acknowledge what has been entered and then state to the user, whether or not the data entered is that of legal or illegal operating times. I will implement this part using alert messages or I have thought of constructing something on the form that prints the message. I don't mean the panel at the foot of the form either.

Just to let you know, I've been working with PL/SQL for 6 months now but it seems to have me hooked.
Anyway, to expose you as to the sorts of business rules I have to satisfy;

1.A driver can work for a maximum of 56 hours in one week but this can only be extended to a maximum of 90hours over two weeks.
2. A driver must have a rest period inbetween driving shifts of 11hours but this can be reduced to 9hours three times a week.
3.A daily rest period(while on shift) must be atleast 15minutes).

There are a good few more but I just thought I'd let you know some of the problems which lay in wait.

The tables that you have structured for me, should I still break them up into periods of drive time and rest using attributes? Or is there a means as to structure seperate tables in order to eventually create the constraints in a better manner?
Thanks

[Updated on: Thu, 19 January 2006 20:40]

Re: Formatting Time from Date within SQL create Table statements [message #155962 is a reply to message #155959] Thu, 19 January 2006 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Last question first - no you don't need to 'structure separate tables' or record break periods as a break period is by definition a period when a driver is not driving.

Is this a 'control' system that 'beeps' at a driver in their cab saying 'Pull over within 30 minutes for a mandatory 90 minute rest' or a reporting system that says this driver 'cocked up' and drove too much last week?

You say:
Quote:

A driver can work for a maximum of 56 hours in one week but this can only be extended to a maximum of 90hours over two weeks.
What is a week? Monday-Sunday? Sunday-Saturday? Any rolling 7 day period?

David

PS I like this project.
Re: Formatting Time from Date within SQL create Table statements [message #156026 is a reply to message #155647] Fri, 20 January 2006 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robhulse
First question; The system is going to be a means of educating transport managers as to the regulations. Therefore, it fits your second suggestion about 'a driver last week cocking up and working to much.' By the way, I wish I had thought about the cab bleeping system because it sounds a little bit more like a product.

Second question; A working week is defined from 00:00 hours on the Monday morning until the following Sunday at 24:00hours.

If you like I could send you a power point presentation on this stuff? I have them because I've recently studied and passed what is known as a Certificate of Professional Competence(CPC) in road transport. Just a transport manager's qualification that's all.

If you have time to look through it and make suggestions, it will be greatly appreciated. I'm not asking you to do my work for me because i will be including this thread in my appendices. I just think being helped on here compensates for my lack of experience.
Thanks
Re: Formatting Time from Date within SQL create Table statements [message #156124 is a reply to message #156026] Sun, 22 January 2006 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
This structure will handle either a reporting system or an advisory system. The driver CAN be issued with a sheet saying how many hours they are allowed to drive in the next 24 hours. Even how many sub 11 hour breaks they have left for the week.
Quote:

A working week is defined from 00:00 hours on the Monday morning until the following Sunday at 24:00hours.
Be very careful when working with Oracle dates. It does not support the concept of 24:00, it is 00:00 to 23:59. In an older version of Oracle DB, using SQL*Plus, if you added 1 minute to 23:59 you went BACK to 00:00 on this day, not 00:00 of tomorrow. It has been fixed.

If the presentation is less that 150k attach it to your next post, if greater, then Private Mail it to me so that I can download it and then delete it. If other people jump in here and say they want a copy then just attach it to the thread.

You will have a fair amount of work ahead of you so don't worry about me considering that I am doing ALL your work for you, but a shared design is typically more robust and inclusive than a 'one-head job'.

David
Re: Formatting Time from Date within SQL create Table statements [message #156344 is a reply to message #156124] Tue, 24 January 2006 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I have read the presentation and feel that adding an indicator to the TRIP_TIMES tables to record Driving versus Non-Driving time will give you the flexibility that you need. You still do not record the rest periods, but just the driving and non-driving work times.

David
Re: Formatting Time from Date within SQL create Table statements [message #156664 is a reply to message #156344] Thu, 26 January 2006 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
From email:
Quote:

The only thing I didn't understand in your post was the indicator? Is this some sort of datatype or is it something preset with two or three constrained values. For instance, Varchar2 must be values: driving, rest, otherwork, period of availability?
Close. Use a constraint to keep the entries 'restricted' and mandatory. Add the indicator as Varchar2(1) but only record in this field the Driving ('D') and Non-Driving ('N') periods. Any time not spent driving or 'assisting' is rest time. 'Availabilty' is a completely different area and, I feel, should be handled through a different table and a separate interface as it would be forward looking, not backward looking.

David
Re: Formatting Time from Date within SQL create Table statements [message #156820 is a reply to message #156664] Sat, 28 January 2006 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude4084
Hi David

I suggest you to use the word FLAG instead of indicator.

Bye
Re: Formatting Time from Date within SQL create Table statements [message #157023 is a reply to message #156820] Mon, 30 January 2006 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RJ.Zijlstra
This is a nice tread / project.

One more suggestion:
Look up the datatype INTERVAL DAY TO SECOND.
Stephen Feuerstein 'Oracle pl/sql' 3rd edition has much explaining this and examples.

Good luck with the project!
Re: Formatting Time from Date within SQL create Table statements [message #162126 is a reply to message #155647] Wed, 08 March 2006 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robhulse
Hi,
Long time posting I know!
I've created the database ERD model within Deisgner 9i. As previously discussed, I have changed the table structure so that i now have two tables forming the ex-'working day'. They are very similar to DJ Martin's example and include 'Trips' and 'Trip Times'. The question I'd like to ask now is how do I distinguish each 'working day' as it were. It's not the issue that a driver might start at 10pm one night and finish the following day. The point I'm trying to establish is how I 'group' together the 'trip times' in order to form a 'working day' which i can then constrain with triggers and program units.

For example:
You might have three trip times for one day. These trip times should then form the trip or total trip for that 'day'. Do I need a seperate foreign key constriant between each? This would help 'bind' the times together because they all form that particular days driving or work.

I'm finding this hard to explain! Reply if you need more information to help my cause:) Thankyou

P.S The proposal of the feuerstein book was a massive help. I'm trying to purchase one now. I have a loaned copy though:)
Re: Formatting Time from Date within SQL create Table statements [message #162164 is a reply to message #162126] Thu, 09 March 2006 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please post script for creating these two tables. (TOAD will show the table definition.)

David
Re: Formatting Time from Date within SQL create Table statements [message #162532 is a reply to message #155647] Fri, 10 March 2006 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robhulse
CREATE TABLE trips (
  total_drive_time NUMBER,
  trip_id          NUMBER NOT NULL,
  total_rest_time  VARCHAR2(240),
  ve_registration  VARCHAR2(8) NOT NULL,
  dr_driver_id     NUMBER(6) NOT NULL)

CREATE TABLE trip_times (
  drive_or_work VARCHAR2(1) DEFAULT 'D' ,
  times_id      NUMBER(5) NOT NULL,
  tt_start      DATE,
  finish        DATE,
  tr_trip_id    NUMBER NOT NULL)
/

I havent as yet made the 'flag' within trip times restricted because I have not found that feature in Designer yet.

Going back to what I asked. I'm curious to know how to group all the trip times for that particular days work so that I can then make program units to calculate complete totals of driving and working hours. Do I need it in your opinion?

Thankyou:)

[Updated on: Fri, 10 March 2006 19:35]

Re: Formatting Time from Date within SQL create Table statements [message #162852 is a reply to message #162532] Mon, 13 March 2006 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Okay, compared with the tables defined in my message 155835, I see that you have added the vehicle registration to 'trips' and 'drive_or_work' indicator to 'trip_times'. I guess that you are using 'times_id' to give you a unique key to 'trip_times'. I suggest that instead you make the 'tt_start' a 'not null' field and drop the 'times_id'. I have found these sort of artificial extras annoying to implement and maintain. The records will sort naturally if you use the 'tt_start' as part of the key.

I see that you defined 'total_rest_time' as varchar2(240) and 'total_drive_time' as number. I suggest that they both be the same type and always give a size to numbers. Number(4) will hold 1440 which the number of minutes in a day, I don't think we need to be more accurate that a minute. I suggested that these fields be of type date but as RJ.Zijlstra suggested you can use the 'INTERVAL DAY TO SECOND'. Your call, but please don't use varchar2(240).

Concerning your question "I'm curious to know how to group all the trip times for that particular days work so that I can then make program units to calculate complete totals of driving and working hours." please reread my message 155835 as I give the 'select' statements to determine this information for you.

David

PS Below are table definitions with the fields ordered as I, as a developer) would like to see them ordered.
CREATE TABLE trips 
(
  TRIP_ID           NUMBER                      NOT NULL,
  DR_DRIVER_ID      NUMBER(6)                   NOT NULL,
  VE_REGISTRATION   VARCHAR2(8)                 NOT NULL,
  TOTAL_REST_TIME   NUMBER(5),
  TOTAL_DRIVE_TIME  NUMBER(5)
);

CREATE TABLE TRIP_TIMES 
(
  TR_TRIP_ID        NUMBER                      NOT NULL,
  TT_START          DATE                        NOT NULL,
  TT_FINISH         DATE,
  DRIVE_OR_WORK     VARCHAR2(1) DEFAULT 'D'
);
PPS Don't try to use a field name of 'finish'. I think it is a reserved word.
Re: Formatting Time from Date within SQL create Table statements [message #163918 is a reply to message #162852] Mon, 20 March 2006 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robhulse
Thanks for the help once again matey Razz
Some of your suggestions I have noted. The rest are just type errors from myself in Designer, which i have corrected. As you have seen the presentation regarding this subject david, would you not think that I also need a table to store the information dealing with weekly totals? I know this might be a case of 'running before I can walk' but it might be inconclusive to concentrate on creating the business ruling for up to a day but then ignore the full week. With my system now, I have the following

-Trip_times that make up a full Trip,

but I also need

-Trips that make up a full Weeks_work.
Re: Formatting Time from Date within SQL create Table statements [message #163963 is a reply to message #163918] Tue, 21 March 2006 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Actually, you are recording trip 'segments'. You don't have a 'day_trips'. You COULD create a 'day_trips', and a 'week_trips' with cumulative totals. However, we now get into the philosophy of storing accumulated values versus calculating them when needed. The advantage of the latter is that they are always correct, but they take processing time NOW. Where with the prior, the processing is done over a longer period of time, but you need to recalculate your accumulated values when you find that your accumulative logic is incorrect.

Its your call but I prefer to use a 'select' statement similar to that which I posted higher up this thread to get the details as required. As long as the date-time field is indexed then the processing time should be acceptable.

David
Re: Formatting Time from Date within SQL create Table statements [message #164771 is a reply to message #155647] Sat, 25 March 2006 19:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robhulse
Hello,
I'm now in full flow with making this 'product.' There are quite a few questions that I've tried to answer myself but have come to a 'stand-still.' Might be the case that I'm just panicking because I am now producing the same product using MySQL 5.0 and PHP.Thus,double the work load. Basically, the piece I'm doing is a comparison and I have to implement both in order to create a critical analysis and justify which is best(Oracle Forms or php MySQL?).

Anyway, the first question I have regards the calculations you created a while back. Can you explain to me why the "trunc (sysdate)" part of the calculation is needed? Especially the "sysdate" because while the inserted example values are dated "1/1/2006," why should todays date be relevant?

I just need to fully understand what is going on because it is affecting the way I'm trying to create the triggers, I need to satisfy the business rules. The first business rule I'm trying to satisfy is the 4 1/2 Hour maximum "trip_time" rule. I've gone about this using a before statement level trigger.

The second question I have regards the actual forms. I'd like to create a login page for the rest of my forms. I've done one in php with MySQL which was simple but now i need an equivalent Forms version. Is there any examples I can work from anywhere, that you know of? Is it the same principle as MySQL where you create a new table containing users or can you use the "users from dual" ?

Thanks in advance for any feedback, your help is very much appreciated:)

Re: Formatting Time from Date within SQL create Table statements [message #164843 is a reply to message #164771] Mon, 27 March 2006 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Which is 'best' can be highly subjective. You should also consider Oracle's Application Express (previously named as HTML_DB). You keep the current Oracle table structures but if the database is less than 4G and runs on a single processor, it is a free product.

Quote: "I've gone about this using a before statement level trigger" I don't understand. Which Forms trigger is this?

You are working on "trying to satisfy is the 4 1/2 Hour maximum "trip_time" rule". True. You probably don't need the trunc(sysdate). I must have been thinking of something else at the time. As you are only working with the 'hours and minutes' then just make sure that your fields are defined as date-time (versus date) and the mathematics should work for you.

I ALWAYS do my rule testing in a When-Validate-Item. You can't test something until you have the data and the first trigger that can fire after the data is entered or changed is the WVI trigger. This trigger can only perform "SELECT statements, and unrestricted built-ins" but normally this is enough. If you HAVE to jump to another field then you store the name of the field somewhere and then create a timer which will 'action' after the WVI trigger is finished. Question: If a driver DOES exceed 4 1/2 hours, what can you do?

Concerning a 'logon' screen, please search this forum for 'logon' and 'login'. This is a common question. Basically you create a role in the database with access permissions to the tables and procedures, and then create a user in the database, and assign the[n]m this application's role. You can have multiple roles - data entry role, data search role, and administrator role - each has different powers and data access levels.

David

[Updated on: Thu, 30 March 2006 00:17]

Re: Formatting Time from Date within SQL create Table statements [message #165375 is a reply to message #155647] Wed, 29 March 2006 13:04 Go to previous message
robhulse
Sorry, I keep switching my ideas with making the database more secure and putting the triggers at server level, but no you are right. I should use Forms builder as the 'RAD' it is and completely depend upon its features. Concerning your first suggestion; My study only ever planned to compare the two I have chosen. I could have done HTML DB, yes. I could also have done a web application in javabeans, which is something I'm learning now. I will make this a suggestion in my 'futher work' though.

Your question;
'If a driver DOES exceed 4 1/2 hours, what can you do?'
I was going to implement an alert with a message. Your bleeping system is a little more sophisticated Razz . However, I just have to advise and notify the user from an educational point of view.

Anyway, I'll let you know how I'm getting on!

Thanks again
Previous Topic: How to debug a function belonging to an attached library?
Next Topic: InfoButton PJC Demo for Forms (tooltip buttons) - not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:19:26 CDT 2024