Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » What is Diff in Form 6i and Form 9i
What is Diff in Form 6i and Form 9i [message #148552] Thu, 24 November 2005 23:05 Go to next message
mian imran
What is Diff in Form 6i and Form 9i regarding depolyment on application server
which one is most suitable ?

Mian Imran
icon7.gif  Re: What is Diff in Form 6i and Form 9i [message #148563 is a reply to message #148552] Fri, 25 November 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pallavig
Hello,

By default, when you want to run(deploy) form9i forms we should have application server(oracle 9i) configured on it.
It means that we cannt run forms9i without application server configured .
To run form6i we dont need any application server by default as it is a client server technology.But we do have feature to
run form6i in web browser.
i.e, to run form6i in web browser we should have configured appache(http) server running on our database which comes with
oracle database .
Re: What is Diff in Form 6i and Form 9i [message #148567 is a reply to message #148563] Fri, 25 November 2005 01:17 Go to previous message
Maaher
If you search the board, you will find several threads covering the same question (difference between 6i and 9i).

I'd say: go for 9i. The only advantage 6i has over 9i is that it still works in Client/Server mode. But you are not interested in C/S, so go for 9i. Also: Forms 6i is desupported while the last release of Forms 10g ( it is in fact version 9.0.4, don't get fooled by the name Wink) is still supported. Prior versions (that are labeled 9i) aren't supported anymore either so I'd say: find Developer Suite 10g.

Best to check the requirements regarding Application server because not all versions of the application server can work with all versions of Forms.

MHE
Previous Topic: Default Canvas
Next Topic: make a shortcut key to my form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:56:58 CDT 2024