Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Sending Emails from Forms 6i with Attachment
icon4.gif  Sending Emails from Forms 6i with Attachment [message #147671] Sat, 19 November 2005 00:24 Go to next message
jintodelhi
Dear All

I am new to otafaq. I am in searching of a solution to my problem,

i.e. I need this solution for our Payroll program. I want to develop a module to sent employees payslips directly to their email accounts, for this I have completed its first stage to save payslips of each employees in a particular folder in PDF format with each employees unique code. now I want to use one button "Send Mails", by pressing this button it select email IDs from database by Unique Employee Code and send the same to that email Account with an attachment of the saved file (with the name of same Unique code).

Can Anybody help me how can i do this what is the code for attaching a particular file from a particular folder? If I got any sample code

thanks in advance.
Re: Sending Emails from Forms 6i with Attachment [message #147674 is a reply to message #147671] Sat, 19 November 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiran
using UTL_SMTP package functions you can send a mail from oracle forms.It has couple of APIs which are useed to send a mail.But as such i am not sure how to attach the files.

But Tom has given some solution on this.Have a look at here.

--Kiran.
Re: Sending Emails from Forms 6i with Attachment [message #149779 is a reply to message #147671] Sun, 04 December 2005 23:34 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Look at the reference http://www.databasejournal.com/features/oracle/article.php/3514501
and install the package UTL_MAIL which has a Send_Attach_Raw in it.

This is a database dependant feature, not a forms version dependant feature. It uses Oracle 10, but it may run under Oracle 9.

David
Previous Topic: extra columns added to table, not able to insert in form
Next Topic: Pass a Enter Query from Form to Report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:00:03 CDT 2024