Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Popup when form is opened.
Popup when form is opened. [message #144447] Wed, 26 October 2005 08:32 Go to next message
sambireddyn
Hi

In Oracle apps there is a standard form, in which I want to give popup as soon as the form is opened. As far as I know this has to be done in CUSTOM.pll. I write the following piece of code for that , but it does not work.

If event = 'WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE' Then
If (form_name = 'ARXRWMAI') Then
fnd_message.debug('Please Ensure that Receipt Date,GL Date and Exchange Rate Date should be same');
End If;
End If;

Your help needed.

Thanks,
Sambi Reddy.
Re: Popup when form is opened. [message #144509 is a reply to message #144447] Wed, 26 October 2005 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you recompiled and regenerated the CUSTOM.pll? Have you placed the new copies into the directory from which your Application Server is calling its code? Did you compile the pll and generate the plx on a windows machine and then copy them to a Unix machine thereby killing the CUSTOM.plx because you should have copied the pll and then generated it on the Unix box?

David
Re: Popup when form is opened. [message #144536 is a reply to message #144447] Wed, 26 October 2005 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sambireddyn
Hi

I have compiled and .plx is generated in UNIX Machine.
When I see from the Navigator window of the Oracle Receivables.

Under Oracle Receivables Navigation window > Receipts >

I have

Batches,
Batches Summary,
Receipts,
Receipts Summary,
Remittances,
Remittances Summary,

All these form names are same.

I want to give popup only for Receipts form is opened , But the name of the all above forms are same. That message is popping up when all the above forms are opened.

Can You please suggest how to do it only for receipts form only.

Thanks,
SambiReddy
Re: Popup when form is opened. [message #144537 is a reply to message #144536] Wed, 26 October 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
What values are in the parameters that are passed to your form? Your form has to be given some information to work out 'what sort' of form it is 'this time'. Use that information to modify your 'alert' logic.

David
Re: Popup when form is opened. [message #145250 is a reply to message #144447] Wed, 02 November 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sambireddyn
Hi

I'm not able to find out any parameters. This is standard Oracle Apps form. More over I am not getting about types of forms. Please help.

Thanks,
SambiReddy
Re: Popup when form is opened. [message #145295 is a reply to message #144447] Wed, 02 November 2005 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiran
Yes , What David said is correct.There could have been some way of differening those modules , even though they have the same form name.

You have to find out that , and then modify the the ALERT Logic.

--Kiran.

Re: Popup when form is opened. [message #145395 is a reply to message #145250] Wed, 02 November 2005 17:50 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Open the FMB (or FMX) in a decent flat editor (eg TextPad) and look at the When-New-Form-Instance or just search for 'key phrases' (a key phrase is something that YOU see on the screen when you run the form).

The logic may be in a package or pll that is associated with only that form, but hey, I don't do Oracle Applications so this is only a 'general' maintenance technique.

David

[Updated on: Wed, 02 November 2005 17:51]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Adding procedures to forms.
Next Topic: using check box dynamically at runtime
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:49:40 CDT 2024