Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Interesting ORA-1403 error note for newbies
Interesting ORA-1403 error note for newbies [message #143858] Sun, 23 October 2005 09:46 Go to next message
adamjsawyer
Hi guys.
I ran into an interesting problem that newbies like me might not be aware of the real cause. I had a text area on my form which I was writing debug information into to help me locate errors in my form code. Well, its max size was 32767 and I thought there would be no problem with it. I was never clearing the box at all, so after several clicks of my Calculate button I was getting an ORA-1403 No Data Found error. I spent ages trying to debug and checking all my SQL code.... Eventually I realised it was because the text area was filling up. Setting it back to NULL as the first line of my Calculate button fixed the error.

I'm writing this because I'm sure many newbies like myself
might run into this error, and not realise that it isn't the ordinary cause, where a SELECT statement doesn't return any data.

I hope this helps someone
cheers
adam
Re: Interesting ORA-1403 error note for newbies [message #145411 is a reply to message #143858] Wed, 02 November 2005 23:20 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Post to stop entry coming up on 'unanswered' list.

David
Previous Topic: output from Tlist concatinated???
Next Topic: Login problem with Oracle Management Service
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:41:41 CDT 2024