Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » order by problem (merged)
order by problem (merged) [message #140961] Thu, 06 October 2005 07:28 Go to next message
reachme_r
Kindly help.. urgent...

I am using a form whereby there is a master block and a corresponding detail block. I have created a relation between them.
In the back-end the table related to the detail block has a composite primary key consisting of 4 columns. Now whenever i enter data in the detail block the data gets saved in the same sequence in which i enter, at the back-end. (i viewed it using toad).
But when i try execute query on the detail block the data gets automatically sorted based on the composite primary key. And i am not using the order by clause anywhere.
I want the data to be retrieved in the same sequence that i entered which is also the same as stored in the backend.
What do i do.?

Thanking you.
order by problem [message #140964 is a reply to message #140961] Thu, 06 October 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
reachme_r
Kindly help.. urgent...

I am using a form whereby there is a master block and a corresponding detail block. I have created a relation between them.
In the back-end the table related to the detail block has a composite primary key consisting of 4 columns. Now whenever i enter data in the detail block the data gets saved in the same sequence in which i enter, at the back-end. (i viewed it using toad).
But when i try execute query on the detail block the data gets automatically sorted based on the composite primary key. And i am not using the order by clause anywhere.
I want the data to be retrieved in the same sequence that i entered which is also the same as stored in the backend.
What do i do.?

Thanking you.
Re: order by problem [message #140982 is a reply to message #140964] Thu, 06 October 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vban2000
you could store the sequence you entered using the value from :system.cursor_record in your table.

and at form, you can say something like order by your enter_sequence..

Re: order by problem [message #141083 is a reply to message #140961] Thu, 06 October 2005 20:30 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Add a datetime field to your record and order by that. Maybe you can order by ROWID but I can't remember whether that works are not.

You could also put a sequence number on the record and use that for sorting.

David

[Updated on: Thu, 06 October 2005 20:31]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: report id in forms9i & passing parameter to report9i (merged)
Next Topic: FND_REQUEST.SUBMIT_REQUEST error APP-00222
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 01:57:08 CDT 2024