Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » .....color issue
.....color issue [message #140636] Wed, 05 October 2005 00:55 Go to next message
orcl_dba
Hi.
The application has the facility that when user selects a particular record, the background color of all the text item of the form changes to sometime yellow/ or light blue or red ete.
The set_item_property(itemname,background_color,'rgb') is used to give color t runtime. The problem is that when the rgb value is given so that the fields will show light bllue color, they start showing dark greenish blue color. The same rgb color when assigned to a text field for chekcing purpose only,at desing time, it shows absolutely correct color( the one that is required to be shown).
i dont know why the problem is occurring, whenever a backgrouund color is added, it turns to dark, like if ppink is added, dark redish pink is shown.
If light yeellow is added, dark yellowish is shown .
WIndow 2000 and forms 6i are used ,

ANy comment on this please. is there any other way to color the items.
Note.
The rgb format ist he only one that is showing background color, the english format like
set_item_propety(itemname,backdgroun_color,yellow/red/blue) etc arent showing anything..

thanx alot
Re: .....color issue [message #140650 is a reply to message #140636] Wed, 05 October 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
In your Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options > Colors. Does changing these settings have any effect?

David
Re: .....color issue,,, no effect at all [message #140657 is a reply to message #140636] Wed, 05 October 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orcl_dba
I am not using Forms on web. it is a desktop application , still i tried your option and selet the option of use hover color,
and there is no effect at all.anything else if you could suggest
. I try to think of the isue but am not getting it .i mean what is the reason for windows not showing proper color at run time ,while at design time if color are set , they are shown accurately and properly
Re: .....color issue,,, no effect at all [message #140658 is a reply to message #140657] Wed, 05 October 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
How many 'colours' have you defined in your windows? I use 32-bit and no Color Management (under Advanced)

David
Re: .....color issue [message #140670 is a reply to message #140636] Wed, 05 October 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orcl_dba
color range is 32 bit.
if i change it to 256 color, strange color are shown.
The yellow color set at design time it shown as grey.
The defualt LOv cursor color which is dark grey is shown as whitish.. ash color.. etc
what is this.Is there the possibility that we use color in range 0 - 255
but then how do i know that which rgb combination is used to display certain colors as our form shows color only in a range 0 - 100 .
Thanx for the reply
Re: .....color issue [message #140840 is a reply to message #140670] Wed, 05 October 2005 19:00 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
What version of Forms and operating system are you using?

What does a get_item_property(item,background_color), get_item_property(item,foreground_color), and get_item_property(item,current_row_fill_pattern) give you before and after you have used the set_item_property?

Depending on the version of forms that you are using have you considered using visual_attribute groups instead of the colour directly?

David
Previous Topic: Tabbed blocks with master-detail relationship
Next Topic: call reports 9i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 02:02:24 CDT 2024