Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Strange problem on Win2000 SP4 clients- Form does not execute but compile successfully
Strange problem on Win2000 SP4 clients- Form does not execute but compile successfully [message #136255] Wed, 07 September 2005 02:15 Go to next message
kusdili
Hi to all,

I have a strange problem and don't know what to do for a couple of days. I don't have metalink membership and decided to ask some oracle groups about my problem.

I upgraded some applications from Forms 2000 to 6i. All of them run on XP clients without any problem but on Win2000 clients one of them do not. It seems that it will but not. When I execute nothing happens. I will attach the dump file. It shows something wrong with msvcrt.dll. These machines all have SP4. I reinstalled microsoft libraries from their site but it did not work.

I really need help.
Thanks a lot.

PS: If anyone who have metalink membership can search there, I will be so gratefull.
Re: Strange problem on Win2000 SP4 clients- Form does not execute but compile successfully [message #136387 is a reply to message #136255] Wed, 07 September 2005 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Do you start ALL your applications EXACTLY the same way or does this one have a particular '.bat' file, or something, that runs first?

Have you been able to identify on which instruction in the form it is failing? Put a 'message' in the Pre-Form or WNFI, which ever you have, to verify whether it is 'starting and failing' or 'not starting' at all.

David
Re: Strange problem on Win2000 SP4 clients- Form does not execute but compile successfully [message #136476 is a reply to message #136387] Thu, 08 September 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kusdili
It has no particular code or anything else..
Another form so similar to this one runs and has no problem..

I can't even debug it to see what happens.
I cut all when_new_ and pre triggers to see if something wrong with them but I told before when you run mormally or debugging the cursor seems that the screen is coming but nothing happens.

Yesterday someone from microsoft adviced to update mdac and jet 4.0 , I did but nothing changed.

If I change the file msvcrt.dll with one on the XP machines manually ? Is this a good idea Smile Because I think it is not..

Thanks for your response..
Re: Strange problem on Win2000 SP4 clients- Form does not execute but compile successfully [message #136583 is a reply to message #136476] Thu, 08 September 2005 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Does this form have any attached libraries? If so, have you recompiled (ALL) and regenerated these libraries. Did you unattach and then re-attach them? Do so, make sure to 'drop' the path names.

David
Re: Strange problem on Win2000 SP4 clients- Form does not execute but compile successfully [message #136652 is a reply to message #136583] Fri, 09 September 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kusdili
David

This form also have no library really.
Yesterday I cut everything in object navigator orderly to see if one of them is the cause and tried to execute but each time nothing changed. I opened a new form and copied everything and tried the new one but useless.

Another machine with sp2 did the same also.
I think I should write the code again but it s really annoying.
I suspect if it is because of a bug haven't seen before Smile

I again want to thank you for your interest David.

Re: Strange problem on Win2000 SP4 clients- Form does not execute but compile successfully [message #136695 is a reply to message #136652] Fri, 09 September 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
magnetic
it seems you have to look for the lates patch for 6i.
dont know if oracle still supports it
conversions causes most of the time "sneeky" problems when running on another operating system.

i saw once that the form-property "console window" was reset somehow wich compiled well but runtime caused an abnormal termination... check that first..
Re: Strange problem on Win2000 SP4 clients- Form does not execute but compile successfully [message #136844 is a reply to message #136652] Sun, 11 September 2005 17:53 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Did you try putting a 'message' into the pre-form trigger?

I am assuming that you are doing a Ctrl-Shft-k for compile-all before doing your Ctrl-t to generate. Do you have any 'special' code, like a host command or user-exit in your form?

Are you running Client-Server or 3-tier? If the latter, do you have the latest JInitiator?

David
Previous Topic: Master Detail Save Problem
Next Topic: ...HELp urgent.. need to view data by pressing Menu item...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 01:33:59 CDT 2024