Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » .........oracle forms. error
.........oracle forms. error [message #135961] Mon, 05 September 2005 02:43 Go to next message
orcl_dba
hi ppl sorry to disturb you all again.

I have a specific requirement.
I have a table with around 20 fields named Site.
what i want to do is that ive created a datablock Site.
and place items on a canvas named C1. I have placed onyly 10 items . i want to give a small button on that canvas C1, so that whenver user press that button , a new canvas opens which contains other 10 fields of the table Site.
this is becuase, only 10 major fields are used normally, while other 10 are used rarely.

I created another canvas c2, with datablock set to same"SITe"
and the window of the canvas is same as window1
i made C1 as primary canvas for that window.

then behind the button on C1 i wrote.
set_view_proporty('c2','visible',property_true);

When i run the forms, everytime only C1 is seen and when i press btton it returns error Frm40735 and ora 06502

I made C2 as primary canvas of this window and try to run the f orm but strange thing is that it always oopens C1 in front of me first.

What to do.. kinldy reply urgent..

BR
Re: .........oracle forms. error [message #135972 is a reply to message #135961] Mon, 05 September 2005 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
karthikraj
Hi,
If the canvas c2 is a stacked canvas then everything should work right, for what u have done.

Rajasekaran. S
3i-Infotech,Chennai
Re: .........oracle forms. error [message #136063 is a reply to message #135972] Mon, 05 September 2005 20:13 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
DO NOT USE a different block for the second canvas. Use the one block only. Now for the alternatives concerning canvases. Try either 'tabs', or a 'sliding canvas', or a pop-up 'detail' canvas (in a separate window) that contains the extra ten fields for only the current record.

David
Previous Topic: Need forms 6i/9i document
Next Topic: querying block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 01:42:45 CDT 2024