Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how to disable a particular record in a block
how to disable a particular record in a block [message #135425] Wed, 31 August 2005 09:20 Go to next message
ramisy2k
Hi
i am form in which there is a db block.the block shows 12 records at a time...also the block has 12 db items but only 8 are on the canvas..4 four of these eight items are display items

My requiremnt is that if the value in..say..item_5 is 17 at any number of record then the particlar record becomes disabled. is it possible to achieve in forms 6i...

i would be extremly grateful if any one could work that out for me..as this is the requirement of my programme..
thanks in advance,
regrard,
Asim.
Re: how to disable a particular record in a block [message #135513 is a reply to message #135425] Wed, 31 August 2005 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Search this forum for 'disable' and 'set_item_instance_property'. There are quite a few threads but it has all been answered before.

Short answer: in When-New-Record-Instance test your condition and if true then use SIIP to turn 'enable' off. Remember that you need to turn 'enable on and then 'update' on as the disable turns update off.

Update: karthikraj is correct. It should be the Post-Query trigger. Sorry.

David

[Updated on: Wed, 31 August 2005 23:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: how to disable a particular record in a block [message #135522 is a reply to message #135425] Wed, 31 August 2005 23:00 Go to previous message
karthikraj
Hi,
In the post query of that block , see if the value of the item is 17 then use set_item_instance_property to set each item to be disabled (insert, update allowed false).

Some other better way shuld help out more.
Previous Topic: Disable typing of non-numeric characters for numeric item
Next Topic: The requested URL could not be retrieved
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 01:43:41 CDT 2024