Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how to handle this error
how to handle this error [message #135170] Tue, 30 August 2005 04:29 Go to next message
toufiq_raja

hi all.
i am using an activex controll ( hardware info )... and importing ole package and events of hardware controll.
when i run the form, an error comes...
"ole object not defined for the item in the current record group"

whts happening ....?

need help

Regards!
Re: how to handle this error [message #136066 is a reply to message #135170] Mon, 05 September 2005 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you got a solution for this yet? Did you work it out yourself?

David
Re: how to handle this error [message #136077 is a reply to message #136066] Tue, 06 September 2005 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toufiq_raja

yes...
when i used the pirated dev6i it works ok... no such message
but when i use lisenced software this error comes,
can't figure out this thing...

if u have any idea, guide me

regards

raja toufiq
Re: how to handle this error [message #136079 is a reply to message #136077] Tue, 06 September 2005 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I don't understand your differentiation - there is no 'pirated' dev6i, only 'unlicensed'. What software do you feel you were using that was pirated?

David
Re: how to handle this error [message #136087 is a reply to message #135170] Tue, 06 September 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toufiq_raja

sir, at my home i am using unlicenced dev 6i
while at my office we use licenced dev 6i...
i can't figure out that when i use unlicenced dev 6i. it works ok, while on licenced dev 6i. it raises the error.

is it due to this or some thing else is happening.
Re: how to handle this error [message #136089 is a reply to message #136087] Tue, 06 September 2005 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Unlicensed at home and licensed at work is completely acceptable to Oracle. They like it actually, as they don't have to give you any support and you create applications that increase the number of users and processors running their software that do need to be licensed.

I think your problem is to do with EITHER the difference between the DS on your home machine and the AS on your corporate machine OR the difference in the various paths that are defined on your various machines. Export the Oracle entry from your home registry (make sure your change the '.reg' to '.txt' because if you accidently double click it on the other machine, you will be very unhappy), read it as a flat file on your corporate PC and compare it to the entries in the corporate machine's register.

Make sure the 'extra' jar files come at the 'end' of the register entries and not at the beginning. This is opposite of what you do for your forms and reports which need to have the work directories at the beginning of the register entry.

David

[Updated on: Tue, 06 September 2005 19:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: how to handle this error [message #136108 is a reply to message #135170] Tue, 06 September 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toufiq_raja

what i am doing is...
first i installed licensed dev6i on my machine it raised the error ("ole object not defined for the ocx-item in the current record group").

but when i installed un-licensed dev6i on the same machine and run the form no error raised, and the form run successfully.

Re: how to handle this error [message #136236 is a reply to message #136108] Tue, 06 September 2005 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
What versions are the two copies with which you are working?

I want the whole four part version number.

David

[Updated on: Tue, 06 September 2005 19:34]

Re: how to handle this error [message #136248 is a reply to message #136236] Wed, 07 September 2005 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oracleuser1
The workable (unlisenced)version of dev 6i is 6.0.8.8.0
while the other one (lisenced ) is 6.0.8.11.3

From Raja Taufiq
Re: how to handle this error [message #136250 is a reply to message #136236] Wed, 07 September 2005 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oracleuser1
The workable (unlicensed)version of dev 6i is 6.0.8.8.0
while the other one (licensed ) is 6.0.8.11.3

From Raja Taufiq
Re: how to handle this error [message #136251 is a reply to message #136250] Wed, 07 September 2005 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Did you recompile (Ctrl-Shft-k) and regenerate (Ctrl-t) your form before trying to run it on the newer version? If not, try that and see what happens.

David
Re: how to handle this error [message #136409 is a reply to message #135170] Wed, 07 September 2005 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toufiq_raja

Mr. David,
You wrote that

Did you recompile (Ctrl-Shft-k) and regenerate
(Ctrl-t) your form before trying to run it on the
newer version? If not, try that and see what
happens.

But

When I write the code in in one version and run it after compiling it, then it run successfully, but doing the same practice i.e. writing code and running after compling, then it fails to run and give the described error.

Taufiq
Re: how to handle this error [message #136411 is a reply to message #136409] Wed, 07 September 2005 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please confirm:
1) you have two forms?
2) one form created in each of the two different versions of Oracle?

David
Re: how to handle this error [message #136456 is a reply to message #135170] Thu, 08 September 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toufiq_raja

i have generated two forms
one in unlicenced dev.
2nd in lincenced dev.
both have same code,
i have compiled it
but the problem still remains
Re: how to handle this error [message #136462 is a reply to message #136456] Thu, 08 September 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Okay ... creating something twice is not my preferred method (I am not a god and therefore make errors).

Please, please, please, take the form that works, open it in the 'other' version, do a Ctrl-Shft-k and then a Ctrl-t, and then try to run it. If it will not open in the 'other' forms builder, then use the adminstration feature of the working forms builder to convert it to an 'fmt', then using the forms builder that is 'failing', convert it back to an 'fmb' and then do a Compile All and Generate.

David
Re: how to handle this error [message #136600 is a reply to message #135170] Thu, 08 September 2005 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toufiq_raja

sir i am attaching both the forms and the required dll's and the ocx controll.
copy the dll and ocx controll to your windows\ and windows\system folder,
register the ocx
and run the form and check the error.

regards

raja toufiq
  • Attachment: HDD_SNO.rar
    (Size: 702.59KB, Downloaded 1272 times)
Re: how to handle this error [message #136606 is a reply to message #136600] Fri, 09 September 2005 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I'm sorry but the installation at which I currently work does not permit me to download anything other than Microsoft Office files or flat files.

Perhaps someone else can download and review your files for you.

Please review my previous post and attempt to do that which I requested.

David
Re: how to handle this error [message #136700 is a reply to message #135170] Fri, 09 September 2005 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramisy2k
Toufiq,
I am unable to understand why you are wasting yours and our's time on a thing which is not even clear to you for what you are doing. what are you trying to do??..i have checked the three forms in the your file and amazed to see that you have told others in your own Form of how to get the serial no but you have forgotten yourself to act on that..I just followed the 'Note' mentioned on your Form and got my hard disk serial no. have you followed that? have you made this form yourself??

just see the snapshot below
/forum/fa/407/0/

it says'
Right click and select the activex
'HardWareInfo Controll and press
the verify button

this is your statement...now follow this step after copying the two .dll files and one ocx controll to your windows and windows system folder, and register the ocx from RUN command....

you problem will be solved..

secondly, if you dont want to insert the OLE Hardware control at runtime you can insert it in the same way in layout editor and then run the form...

the error you are getting at runtime is because you have not inserted the the hardware control to you OCX item and calling the serial number through the procedure at new form instance...

lastly, if you had followed all the steps given by me at this link

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/133984/68790/#msg_133992

you would not have faced this self created problem
hope this will be clear to you..

Asim.

• Attachment: 123.JPG
    (Size: 61.63KB, Downloaded 2146 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 09 September 2005 10:40]

Re: how to handle this error [message #136757 is a reply to message #135170] Fri, 09 September 2005 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toufiq_raja

mr. asim u r not getting my point
if u read all the threads u will see, i have mentioned the error.
i said that when i use the licensed version form, errors comes becuase its not inserting the ocx controll at run time in new form instance and gives the error ("Ole object not defined for b in current record")while in unlicenced version it works without error,
i inserted the ocx before running the form, but error comes
another problem is there in unlicensed version
that it shows the hdd# of the other machine, i.e. when u first time sended me the file, i told u that it shows ur hdd# this is problem in unlicenced version,while in licensed version ocx controll does't attach at run time, u have to manually select the controll.

thts why i sent three forms one generated in licenced version, on in unlicenced version and other have controll of both version on one form.

try to think and workout what i have said, and trying to ask
regards
raja toufiq
(+92-333-5126445)
Re: how to handle this error [message #136763 is a reply to message #135170] Fri, 09 September 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramisy2k
Toufiq,
I dont have the licensed version so i can't say anything why it is not working..make a new form in licensed version and insett the ocx control...dont use the unlicensed version form in licensed version...

secondly, in unlicensed version if you insert the OCX control at run time then it will give you the correct hard disk no. of that machine..check it i think it will work..

whereas, in unlicensed version if you insert the OCX control in layout editor then it has the problem of giving the same hard disk serial no for every machine just like my original form..

i dont have further time to look more into it this week and the next..
though you may talk to me on my cell
regards,
Asim
+92-300-8820623
how to handle this error [message #146814 is a reply to message #135170] Mon, 14 November 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toufiq_raja

Still i am stucked with the same problem....
when ever i use activex controll and use the packages and programe units in which the functions are defined, my form builder can not attach the activex controll.
it always gives the error
"FRM-41344: OLE OBJECT NOT DEFINED FOR OCX_ITEM IN THE CURRENT RECORD"
I am using the following code in when_new_form_instance trigger

"
declare
var oleobj;
begin
var := item('block3.ocx_item').interface;
:hard_disk := hardwareinfo.dhardwareinfo.harddkisk1serialnumber(var);
end;
"

this error comes when ever i use activex controll.
Re: how to handle this error [message #146936 is a reply to message #146814] Mon, 14 November 2005 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Do you need to put the library in a path of some kind? Is this 'hardwareinfo' thingy Java-like? Maybe having a look at the installation instructions for web_util will give you some ideas?

Have you searched OTN for OCX?

David
Re: how to handle this error [message #146963 is a reply to message #135170] Mon, 14 November 2005 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toufiq_raja

this is function defined in the ole library interfaces.
by registering the hardware controll ocx u can use its packages and functions.
the problem is that at run time i have to select the ocx controll by right clicking on the ocx container. then by manually selecting the controll and inserting the controll in the container.
if u see the snap of the form u can have the idea that whats going on.
is this a bug in form. or is it possible that the ocx controll remains attached,at run time, as i have inserted the controll at design time in the layout editor, but when i run the forms it disapears, and again i have to select the controll by right clicking.

i need to solve this problem urgently.
regards

toufiq raja
Re: how to handle this error [message #146965 is a reply to message #146963] Mon, 14 November 2005 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Link to a similar article for reference by future searchers http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/42333/67467/

David

Upd: I had the wrong URL

[Updated on: Mon, 14 November 2005 22:51]

icon5.gif  Re: how to handle this error [message #147140 is a reply to message #135170] Tue, 15 November 2005 22:00 Go to previous message
toufiq_raja

i checked the link... again the problem is same.
my form builder does not attaches the flash ocx at run time, i have to select the ocx controll manullay by right clicking on the ocx container then inserting the controll.

regards
Previous Topic: Oracle Forms 6i Documentation
Next Topic: POPULATE LIST ITEMS FROM LIST ITEM VALUE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:37:11 CDT 2024