Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » RUN_REPORT_OBJECT doesn't show report
RUN_REPORT_OBJECT doesn't show report [message #135120] Tue, 30 August 2005 00:36 Go to next message
kate99
I've been looking at previous postings about this subject, but I still can't figure out what went wrong with mine.

I'm converting Forms6i to Forms9i with reports. For reports, I simply open the .rdf in Report Builder, recompiled and saved it.
Using Migration Assistant to convert forms, it changed 'run_product(reports, ...)' to rp2rro.rp2rro_run_product(reports, ...)'.
When I ran the form and called the report, I got 'REP-0503: you did not specify the name of a report'. So I tried run_report_object.
I created a report node, and set the properties in Property Palette (filename=stage1.rdf, exe mode=runtime, comm mode=synchronous, destype=cache, desformat=htmlcss, report server=rep3945).

DECLARE
par_list paramlist;
repid report_object;
v_rep varchar2(100);
jobid varchar2(100);
BEGIN
par_list := create_parameter_list('inlist');
add_parameter(par_list, 'orientation', text_parameter, 'portrait');
add_parameter(par_list, 'paramform', text_parameter, 'no');
add_parameter(par_list, 'in_feature', text_parameter, r_feature);
repid := find_report_object('SIS_RPT1');
v_rep := RUN_REPORT_OBJECT(repid, par_list);
jobid := substr(v_rep, length('rep3945')+2, length(v_rep));
web.show_document('/reports/rwservlet/getjobid'||jobid||'?server=rep3945','_blank');
END;

But I got a blank browser with no error message. I specified the reports path in REPORTS_PATH in the registry. Is it the right way to define reports locations?

A few more questions: If I want to print reports without preview, do I just need to set the destype property to 'printer'? and no need to use 'web.show_document'?
If I want to put more than one reports in a report object, how should I put the reports in the filename property? And how to specify which report to call in find_report_object or run_report_object?

TIA,
Kate
Re: RUN_REPORT_OBJECT doesn't show report [message #135123 is a reply to message #135120] Tue, 30 August 2005 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Search this forum for 'show_document'. This one is probably the best.

Your jobid substr doesn't look right.

David
Re: RUN_REPORT_OBJECT doesn't show report [message #135309 is a reply to message #135123] Tue, 30 August 2005 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kate99
I tried to change the jobid to:
jobid := substr(v_rep, instr(v_rep,'_',-1)+1);
and tried to use:
rep_status := report_object_status(v_rep);
if rep_status='FINISHED' then ...

It still can't run the report. Do the parameters(list) look alright? (refer to the first message)
Do I need to do anything with rp2rro.pll? Can I use rp2rro.rp2rro_run_product instead of run_report_object?

Thanks,
Kate
Re: RUN_REPORT_OBJECT doesn't show report [message #135315 is a reply to message #135309] Tue, 30 August 2005 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Did you get the Oracle supplied 'test' report to run? That is, is your report server running correctly?

David
Re: RUN_REPORT_OBJECT doesn't show report [message #135325 is a reply to message #135315] Wed, 31 August 2005 00:51 Go to previous message
kate99
If I put the parameters in Other Reports Parameters in Property Palette instead of create_parameter_list, and use v_rep := RUN_REPORT_OBJECT(repid) instead of v_rep := RUN_REPORT_OBJECT(repid, par_list); then I can see the job status is 'finished'. I checked it with http://cedd3945:8889/reports/rwservlet/showjobid29?server=rep3945
Does it mean the report server work fine?
Previous Topic: strange image item behaviour..a bug??
Next Topic: how can i call an exe file in form??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 01:35:30 CDT 2024