Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » lov control popup at runtime
icon5.gif  lov control popup at runtime [message #134834] Sat, 27 August 2005 15:39 Go to next message
Xazm
i got a textitem with a lov behind
my problem is - i have to use property - valitation from list - most of time, but there should be also possible to enter only a "%" or "a%" for example - but then the lov-list will popup - only in that case there shouldn't be open list
do you know a way to make that possible?
thanks for help
Re: lov control popup at runtime [message #134901 is a reply to message #134834] Sun, 28 August 2005 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Okay ... you have an LOV defined for the field. I believe you will have to turn automatic validation 'OFF' and in your When-Validate-Item test for the '%' and if it does NOT exist then test against a copy of the cursor that you have for your Record_Group on which the LOV is based.

You could try turning 'automatic validation' to 'ON' in the When-Validate-Item and then do a 'Validate(item_scope)' but I don't know whether that would work. You will have to test it and see.

David
icon5.gif  Re: lov control popup at runtime [message #135073 is a reply to message #134834] Mon, 29 August 2005 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xazm
Thanks so far,
but what do you mean with - "test against a copy of the cursor that you have for your Record_Group on which the LOV is based."?

Re: lov control popup at runtime [message #135087 is a reply to message #135073] Mon, 29 August 2005 18:27 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
You have a cursor (select statement) defined in your Record Group, use that same cursor in your WVI trigger.

Copy the Select statement from your record group and paste it into your WVI. Do what is 'necessary' to make the cursor give a true/false answer and use that to decide whether to accept/reject the data that has been entered into the field.

David
Previous Topic: do you want to save changes
Next Topic: unable to install d2k
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 01:57:06 CDT 2024