Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » please reply me as soon as possible.
please reply me as soon as possible. [message #133222] Thu, 18 August 2005 02:25 Go to next message
ribha

hello sirs'
i want to know how can i pass a parameter from one form to another form and how can i use it on second form. please answer me ......

for example;
i take input "name" in form A then i want to pass it on form B, then i want to fetch the record of the given name . how can i do it please answer me in detail plz plz plz plz

thanks in advance
ribha
Re: please reply me as soon as possible. [message #133228 is a reply to message #133222] Thu, 18 August 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Go to http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/forms.html. Find 'Form Builder Reference'. Download it and search for 'call_form'.

Also look at http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/87278/67467/?srch=parameter#msg_87278.

David

[Updated on: Thu, 18 August 2005 02:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: please reply me as soon as possible. [message #133243 is a reply to message #133228] Thu, 18 August 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saadatahmad

Hi,
Here I'm writing the process of passing parameter from one form to another form.
We can pass them by using the parameters and also by using the global variables.
I'm using global variables. Parameters can be passed in the same way.
Step 1: Create a dept form (Form Layout).
Step 2: Create a push button on the dept form and write there the following code:
Trigger: When-Button-Pressed
:GLOBAL.g_deptno := :DEPT.deptno;
:DEPT.test := :GLOBAL.g_deptno;
CALL_FORM('emp');

Save this for as dept.
Step 3: Create another form emp (Tabular Layout).
Step 4: Open the property pallete of the emp data block and include this code against the WHERE clause
deptno = :GLOBAL.g_deptno
Create a form level trigger in emp form:
When-New-Form-Instance:
EXECUTE_QUERY;
Save this as the emp form.
Step 5: Run the dept form, Execute Query, Click the button to open the emp form. Records will be populated for that department no which you have in your dept form.
The logic behind passing the parameters between forms or reports is the same.
Hope that this will clear your concept of how to pass parameters or global variables between the forms.

Regards.

Saadat Ahmad
Techworld Informatiuon Systems Co. Kuwait

[Updated on: Thu, 18 August 2005 03:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: please reply me as soon as possible. [message #133463 is a reply to message #133243] Fri, 19 August 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ribha

THANK YOU SO MUCH ..............
MY PROBLEM IS SOLVED ................
I AM REALLY VERY THANKFUL TO BOTH OF YOU
SIR DAVID AND SIR SAADAT AHMED THANK YOU SO MUCH

RIBHA
Re: please reply me as soon as possible. [message #152572 is a reply to message #133243] Sat, 24 December 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orcl_dba
HI.
Well Mr. sadaat , i have tried your procedure Using Form level Paramerts but it is not working ..
Here s the procedure

1. Created a Parameter by cliking parameter node and + sign..
Named the Parameter as UN it is char with 30 its length

Now created a button on Canvas and write.
:parameter.UN:= :text1;
Call_form( path of the form);

Now in the form which will be c alled by the above command.
I created the same parameter with the same name. and datatype.

then on when_new_form_instanc Trigger i write
:textdispaly:= :parameter.un

text display is the text box which will display the passed value from first form to this new form..

It is not showing any Error but Not dispalying any text in the text box.

Kindly tell me where am i Wrong.

n Secondly.. Your Orafaq page is not opening up here...
kindly email me ..... on Khan.omarz@hotmail.com iwill be highly thankful to you .thnx alot again for your cooperation and help.

Regards

Re: please reply me as soon as possible. [message #152741 is a reply to message #152572] Mon, 26 December 2005 21:32 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please read the Forms documentation for Call_Form. There is an example. Paramters are passed via a parameter list and they are READ via the parameter block in the called form. They are not passed by writing to the parameter block and then calling the new form.

David
Previous Topic: backing and restore a particular record
Next Topic: How can i make the form look proper
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:39:07 CDT 2024