Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » help me to come across the error
help me to come across the error [message #131117] Thu, 04 August 2005 08:03 Go to next message
rajasekharam
Please help to overcome this problem. When I was opening one perticular form I am getting the following error message. If it open by luck after each changes I mad I have to save it otherwise when that error msg will come and closes the form builder without saving. By luck it was worked till last for all changes while compilling the same error msg is comming and closing the form builder. I am using Forms 6i and Oracle 9i.

Quote:

Program Error

ifbld60.exe has generated errors and will be colsed by Windows.
You will need to restart the program.

An error log is being created.

I have 70 forms but I am getting problem with only one form.
Please give the sollution if any body knows.
Thanks alot.

Rajasekharam

[Updated on: Thu, 04 August 2005 08:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: help me to come across the error [message #131207 is a reply to message #131117] Thu, 04 August 2005 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Open it in your form builder, do a Ctrl-Shft-K (Compile All) and then a Ctrl-T (Generate). That should fix the bad linkage problem that is crashing the session.

David
Re: help me to come across the error [message #131242 is a reply to message #131207] Thu, 04 August 2005 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajasekharam
Hai David,

Thanks David for immediate reply. For first time it worked for me now. But previously even if I compile it the same error has came. Now what I understood is after open the form in form builder and before going to make changes (immediately) I have to compile & generate it. Is it correct David.

Any how I will follow the same procedure what you said. If I got any problem I will contact you.Thanks alot. Bye.

Take care.

Rajasekharam
Re: help me to come across the error [message #131243 is a reply to message #131242] Thu, 04 August 2005 23:34 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
No. You need to generate the form before you can run it. BUT if you have added or deleted Program Units you MUST do a Ctrl-Shft-K to do a Compile All. The normal Ctrl-K for an incremental compile DOES NOT renumber the routine call table (or program link table, different names, same thing).

Therefore, when you want to test new code or incorporate a modified PLL you must do a compile all (Ctrl-Shft-k), then the generate (Ctrl-t) to create the fmx file.

David
Previous Topic: Ora 03113
Next Topic: UP,DOWN
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 23:35:41 CDT 2024