Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Form Problem
Form Problem [message #130181] Thu, 28 July 2005 10:42 Go to next message
d-sin
Hi, I inserted records thought PL/SQL application. When I try to build a form I can't get the recored inserted thought PL/SQL but when I insert records through the form it appears on PL/SQL?

what can I do to retrieve that data through forms..
Re: Form Problem [message #130225 is a reply to message #130181] Thu, 28 July 2005 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
After you do the INSERT are you doing a COMMIT?

David
Re: Form Problem [message #130283 is a reply to message #130225] Fri, 29 July 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
d-sin
Thanks I didn't commit anything Razz
I'm facing another problem I dropped table in SQL but they reappear in the form builder? and when I create new tables with the same name example "tblbank" which I dropped earlier both the old and the new tables appear I wanna know something when I drop a table does it remain in the user_objects table?

Thanx your a great help I'm glad I found this forum.... Very Happy
Re: Form Problem [message #130288 is a reply to message #130283] Fri, 29 July 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
You must be using a different owner. Oracle will not create two objects with the same name for the same user.

Please paste the output that makes you think both the old and new talbes are appearing.

David
Re: Form Problem [message #130317 is a reply to message #130288] Fri, 29 July 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
d-sin
1. I only have one user I'm using...

SQL> SELECT OBJECT_NAME
  2  FROM USER_OBJECTS;

OBJECT_NAME
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NewIndex
tblBIN_0   DELETED
tblBIN_1   DELETED
tblBIN_2   DELETED
tblBIN     DELETED
ICA        DELETED
ID
PrimaryKey00000
tblBIN     DELETED
TBLBIN     DELETED
SYS_C006106
TBLBANK    DELETED
SYS_C006109
tblBank    DELETED
AuthInfoCode  DELETED

15 rows selected.

SQL> 

I've noted on the tables I've deleted....

I would like to ask you I've got a sql file that I exported from MS access ther insert command work ok but I can't run the file in
sqlpuls I've attached the file....

GET file C:\test.sql;

it works but nothing is inserted I only see the syntex thats it....
Re: Form Problem [message #130516 is a reply to message #130317] Sun, 31 July 2005 19:13 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Okay ... there is no file attached currently ... edit your file and paste the beginning and end, and a sample 'insert'.

make sure you have a 'commit' statement at the end and that there is a carriage-return line-feed on that line. Alternatively, put a '/' on the next (last) line.

David
Previous Topic: mail attachment
Next Topic: Very Urgent..please help me
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 23:33:48 CDT 2024