Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Trap events
Trap events [message #125283] Fri, 24 June 2005 03:32 Go to next message
sneha_84
Friends,

I am working with Oracle-8i developer 2000 2.x.

My problem is in forms when I gave a data fetch request form will get dispaly with data by synchronize statement.

In between If user intervene in the operation and click some where in the screen it get hanged.

No way to cancel the form.

can any one suggest one problem by disabling all other events.
Or catching events an do null opertaion like that.

I tried many ways not succes.

My great Forum experts to comment this.

with regards

sneha

Re: Trap events [message #125284 is a reply to message #125283] Fri, 24 June 2005 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sneha_84
please comment
Re: Trap events [message #125480 is a reply to message #125283] Sun, 26 June 2005 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I strongly recommend that you do NOT create triggers with NULL as the only statement unless you have a very specific problem to overcome.

Can you give me some idea of the size of your form please. How many blocks, approximately the number of items, how many triggers you have added so far. Also, what you want the form to achieve.

David
Re: Trap events [message #125496 is a reply to message #125480] Mon, 27 June 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sneha_84
/*
********I strongly recommend that you do NOT create triggers with NULL as the only statement unless you have a very specific problem to overcome.

Can you give me some idea of the size of your form please. How many blocks, approximately the number of items, how many triggers you have added so far. Also, what you want the form to achieve.
David
*/

Dear Friend,

My objective is to dispaly the Telecommnad data received from a satellite and stored in the oracle data base with start time and end time.

This data chain will be scanned for the time period with out break and display with the breaks details.

Leave that part.

Once I gave the query to display data oracle takes 10 minutes time.

If that is the case how I can safely come out from the query.

Why form is hanging in between the user supply any events as mouse click or other form.

My form is having OK, Cancel,Print button.

This block contain very less number of items.

The trigger calls a procedure to fetch and display the data.

Is this is enough for your assessment if not please comment.

with regards

Sneha
Re: Trap events [message #125507 is a reply to message #125496] Mon, 27 June 2005 02:57 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
The way that I would program this form is to base the block directly on your table that is receiving the data. This table MUST have an index on the time field. Try to get it defined as a descending index (I think Oracle does descending indexes now).

Display 15 lines on your screen. Set the 'Number of Rows Buffered' to 20 and make sure that 'Query All Records' is 'No'. Also make sure that Insert, Delete, and Update are all 'False'.

Set the 'Order by' as the date time field but in descending order. This will show the most recent information first.

You don't need any triggers in the form AT ALL. Just use the default 'SmartBar' toolbar.

Please try this as a new form and tell me how it works.

You will have to press the 'execute-query' button to get it to populate. We can put the 'execute-query' in the When-New-Form-Instance trigger later.

David
Previous Topic: Problem in creating mirror item in 9i
Next Topic: Problem in accessing sequence.nextval in forms 6i,Database 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 23:33:08 CDT 2024