Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » deleting record from checkbox selection
deleting record from checkbox selection [message #124639] Mon, 20 June 2005 13:14 Go to next message
insomniius
i hve four options in the control block field.
say a,b,c,d with 4 check boxes and against everyfield, the user has further options to select values against a,b,c,d lets say 'xyz' and 'qwe' for a n b respectively n same for c n d there r some values to b chosen through 4 poplists....
i want that the data block retuens the record on the basis of the check box checked and then the respective values as well...
if user checks a and select 'xyz'...data block shud return the data where a='xyz', if user checks a and b, n then selects respective values again each check box from pop list, data block returns daa where a='xyz'and b='qwe'...if the user checks 3 then bring data checking 3 conditions, and if checks only c and d then brings date against the values selected again c and d only
i hope i wud hve conveyed my logic...
Re: need a script for passing on dynamic query on the basis of check box selection [message #124671 is a reply to message #124639] Mon, 20 June 2005 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Search this forum for either 'dbms_sql' or 'dynamic'.

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/mv/msg/46730/121637/67467/#msg_121637 is a good one.

David
dynamic query for different chekbox selection [message #124699 is a reply to message #124639] Mon, 20 June 2005 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
insomniius
I hve four check boxes…
A
B
C
D

Hve three or four options against each checkbox…lets say we hve

For A: alpha,bravo, Charlie ( in the pop list )
For B: moya, federer, roddick,nadal
For C: it, productions, machinery,equipment
For D: complete, incomplete, initiated

Now I want to dynamically build a where clause…so that if I select check box B n C, data block brings data matching these fields…if I check B, C, D… data block brings data matching these fields….if I check only D…. data block brings data matching this field…
I hope the logic is clear…

Re: dynamic query for different chekbox selection [message #124712 is a reply to message #124699] Tue, 21 June 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajavu1

Salam for insomniius

Can U try like this....(here table is emp)

SQL>  create or replace procedure test_1(
  2   en number default null,
  3   sl number default null  ) is
  4       type rfcur is ref cursor;
  5       rf  rfcur;
  6      str varchar2(500);
  7     em1 emp%rowtype;
  8      begin
  9       str :='select * from emp ';
 10      if en is not null or sl is not null then
 11        str :=str||' where ';
 12         if en is not null then
 13          str := str||' empno= '||en||' and ';
 14         end if;
 15        if sl is not null then
 16          str:=str||' sal ='||sl||' and ';
 17        end if;
 18      str := rtrim(str,' and ');
 19      end if;
 20       OPEN rf for str;
 21       loop
 22         fetch rf into em1;
 23         exit when rf%notfound;
 24         dbms_output.put_line(em1.ename);
 25       end loop;
 26  end;
 27  /

with rgrds from India
Rajuvan

[Updated on: Tue, 21 June 2005 01:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: dynamic query for different chekbox selection [message #124713 is a reply to message #124699] Tue, 21 June 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajavu1

Assalamalaikum Once again

You can also Use DBMS_SQL package for the same ...

Try that also..
Rajuvan
deleting records from checkbox selection [message #124733 is a reply to message #124639] Tue, 21 June 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
insomniius
I hve the following case…..

I hve retrieved the data in the data block….i hve say 8 records in the block each record hving checkbox…
I want the user checks the records he wants to delete and then press the delete button…and the record against that specific checkbox deletes n when the user again query the data, or when the block refreshes, the deleted records r not there…
This is same as when we check the mails we want to delete and then press the delete button n all the checked emails r deleted…
How to record will b mapped against the checkbox???
deleting record from checkbox selection [message #124734 is a reply to message #124639] Tue, 21 June 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
insomniius
I hve the following case…..

I hve retrieved the data in the data block….i hve say 8 records in the block each record hving checkbox…
I want the user checks the records he wants to delete and then press the delete button…and the record against that specific checkbox deletes n when the user again query the data, or when the block refreshes, the deleted records r not there…
This is same as when we check the mails we want to delete and then press the delete button n all the checked emails r deleted…
How to record will b mapped against the checkbox???
Re: deleting record from checkbox selection [message #124737 is a reply to message #124734] Tue, 21 June 2005 03:23 Go to previous message
Barbara Boehmer
Four questions have been merged here from three different forums. Please post each question only once in only one forum and do not cross-post. Future duplicates may be deleted. Forms questions belong in the forms forum. If in doubt as to which forum to post in, then pick the one that you think is most appropriate. If it belongs in another forum, we can move it.
Previous Topic: how to run form web server
Next Topic: calculating total in a block based on two other blocks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 23:24:29 CDT 2024