Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Run form module from Form Builder
Run form module from Form Builder [message #110620] Wed, 09 March 2005 02:00 Go to next message
bpham
I just begin to learn about oracle forms, please help!
From Form Builder, I opened an existing module, then connected to the database. I compiled and try to run the form on client/server, but I was unable to due this error "Form - Please use the logon screen to access the application."
I need to modify an existing form, and I want to run for my unit testing, but I couldn't.

Can anyone help me with this ASAP.
Thanks in advance!

bp
Re: Run form module from Form Builder [message #110653 is a reply to message #110620] Wed, 09 March 2005 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
youtz
I've never seen this.
Is there no frm error number ?
Isn't it a check that is made in your forms ?
Best regards,
Olivier.
Re: Run form module from Form Builder [message #110657 is a reply to message #110653] Wed, 09 March 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Probably a pre-form trigger check.

MHE
Re: Run form module from Form Builder [message #110682 is a reply to message #110620] Wed, 09 March 2005 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bpham
youtz,
No, there is no form error number.
I think so, it's might be a check that is made in my form, as I said, I'm totally a beginner learning about oracle developer.
It's seems like a LOGON_SCREEN procedure/trigger, but I don't know how to start the code for my form, please tell me the steps to follow.

MHE,
Yes, I think so too, could be a pre-form trigger check, but I don't know where to start, please tell me the steps to follow.

Thanks in advance.
bp

Re: Run form module from Form Builder [message #110775 is a reply to message #110682] Thu, 10 March 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
In one of our Forms applications there's a similar check: most Forms can only be started from within application 'X'. In our case, the check is done in the WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE trigger. The startup (main) form sets a global variable and every other Form attempts to read this variable. If the value isn't corresponding, a message is raised "Form cannot be run standalone" and the form exits.

Now it's up to you to investigate what trigger causes this (PRE-FORM, WNFI). Start looking at Form level triggers.

MHE
Re: Run form module from Form Builder [message #111234 is a reply to message #110620] Mon, 14 March 2005 19:11 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Put your development directory in front of the list of directories that contain the whole application. Modify the one form from the application in which you are interested into your area. Then start the application from its normal start screen and your version of the subordinate screen should be selected when appropriate.

David
Previous Topic: Connectivity Oracle9i with Developer 6i
Next Topic: How to store file in database table through Form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:54:34 CDT 2024