Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to stop system's automatic generated message?
How to stop system's automatic generated message? [message #87749] Mon, 07 February 2005 00:36 Go to next message
Robin ( Bangladesh)
Hi Experts,
How to stop autometic system generated message. Such as, when form fail to insert in database due to unique constaints, system autometically generates message and alert , I want to stop that because to dispaly in another text filed using sqlerrm(). Now my code writing the message in the text field and system also genererating same message as alert.

Thanks in advanance.
Robin
Re: How to stop system's automatic generated message? [message #87756 is a reply to message #87749] Mon, 07 February 2005 06:34 Go to previous message
ÇÊ
You need to override the on_message and on_error triggers at the form level and put in your code.

What I've done in the past is to create a table in the database with the various errors/messages in it that I might be interested in. Also, I add a field that indicates how I want to handle it...for example, I may choose to ignore it completely, display the default message or display a custom message.

ce
Previous Topic: hi
Next Topic: Doubt regarding Library and Package
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:52:25 CDT 2024