Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Numeric Fields and Format Masks
Numeric Fields and Format Masks [message #87620] Sat, 22 January 2005 11:30 Go to next message
Dan
Hey,

Is there a way to click into a numeric field in a form and have it highlight the whole field on the single click (highlighted as if the field is being tabbed into)?

I ask this because if you click into a numeric field with a format mask you can start typing from where you click into. Not very user friendly.

Any help would be great.
Re: Numeric Fields and Format Masks [message #87649 is a reply to message #87620] Thu, 27 January 2005 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ani
Hi,
pls use select_all;
eg, if there are 2 text boxes,T1 and T2,in key- next-item of T1 write the below:

enter;
if form_success then
go_item('T2');
select_all;
end if;

I dont think you can use select_all in when-validate-item trigger.

Hope your question is answered.
Pls write back.

All the best.

Ani
Re: Numeric Fields and Format Masks [message #87654 is a reply to message #87649] Thu, 27 January 2005 09:51 Go to previous message
Dan
Thanks for the reply Ani.

I couldn't seem to get it to do what I wanted though. The oracle documentation on the select_all function does exactly what I want! But doesn't seem to do anything on when-mouse-click triggers ... This is when it has to function... so i can select the whole field just by clicking once into it.

Cheers.

Dan.
Previous Topic: Oracle Forms 9.0.2.9 - Tab Key Changes Canvas
Next Topic: start Oracle Terminal
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:57:39 CDT 2024