Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » himanshu i need clarification on this topic
himanshu i need clarification on this topic [message #87433] Mon, 03 January 2005 23:32 Go to next message
shish mate
<html>

<body>

HI Himanshu 

this is regarding your previuos reply 

you said that 

"You can install the forms runtime on a shared network drive and the only client configuration required is importing the Oracle Registry. 

Just make sure in the registry its mapped to the proper drive where the forms runtime is installed. "

now plz. tell me how to import oracle Registry.

i tryed it with Registry in winNT but there is no option for import only copy is there but that too only copy key not hole folder.

plz tell me i'm wating for your reply. 

you can mail me on 

ashishnmate@yahoo.com
Re: himanshu i need clarification on this topic [message #87452 is a reply to message #87433] Wed, 05 January 2005 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Hi,
First of all type Regedit on the Run option of your "START" (on the m/c where you installed Developer etc. ,name this drive as Z:)
Then select the branch "Oracle" under
Hkey_local_machine--> Software.

Select Export registry file from the menu of your registry.
A Dialog box must come up.
Give a name to this file ,select the radio button "Selected Branch" and press save.

Similarly you can do the import on the client m/c.

Note that if you install Developer etc. on the network m/c in the drive with name D:, then on your clinet m/c D: drive should not exist.
Instead on client m/c you will have to map the drive of network M/c as D:.

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
Re: himanshu i need clarification on this topic [message #87454 is a reply to message #87452] Wed, 05 January 2005 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shish mate
hi

u are not genius... u r god of geniuses.i'm realy jealous about the people who are working with u.u are the ocean of knowldge. i dont have words to express my feelings.

now i have one more question i know it's too much now but i hope u will help me in this issue too.

we are using form 5 and reports 3.

i have 45 forms in my project with extra reports we have keept this on one server (both fmb and fmx). user get accsess of this froms from server only. when user who's having OS WINDOWS 2000 system ask password to connect that server (even when we select option reconnect at log on ) wich we are not suppose to give.

now can to u tell me how to sort this issue (dont tell me to copy all the FMX on users PC.i think there must be some other option which i dont know)

i'm just a beginner this is my first real time project and i dont have any one here to guide me.

your devotee
ASHish...
Re: himanshu i need clarification on this topic [message #87459 is a reply to message #87454] Thu, 06 January 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Ashish,
This is related to network administration & nothing to do with Oracle or developer.
So, you need to consult your network administrator for this.
I think that this has something to do with DNS registration.
Also it seems that you are connected to the share drive initially by using option "Connect usng a different user name".

If this true then no matter if Reconnect at logon is choosen , it will always ask you for password.

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
Re: himanshu i need clarification on this topic [message #87460 is a reply to message #87459] Thu, 06 January 2005 01:17 Go to previous message
ashish
hi thanks once again

i dont know what they have done. but suppose i copy all my forms to users desktop is there any option provided by oracle that i can upgrade tany form at any time.

what do u people use (in noprmal practice) . i mean how do u give access to user to all fmx by keeping it on server or u do some thing else. pl. let me know that

your devotee
ASHish
Previous Topic: set_item_instance_property
Next Topic: Library Problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 17:03:50 CDT 2024