Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Calling a back-end-procedures through Oracle Form 10g
Calling a back-end-procedures through Oracle Form 10g [message #86967] Wed, 24 November 2004 06:15 Go to next message
Zun Xing Li
I try to call the back-end-procedure as below in the Oracle Form

EXEC DEMO_MAIL.MAIL_5_LINES('zunxing.li@boeing.com', -

'zunxingli1@yahoo.com; zunxing.li@boeing.com; -

robert.a.kasson@boeing.com; kasson@charter.net', -

'The E-Mail Send Through Oracle Form Builder 10g From Zun Xing LI - Subject', -

'This mail you got come through the Oracle Form F15_LRCR, -

if you got this mail, that means the Form can send e mail now! - 1',-

'This is the line testing, it looks like -

I have to testing the line adjustment and alignment too. - 2', -

'I also have to figure out how to create a new template of -

the e-mail to replace the old one. - 3', -

'If all of these done, it is pretty much done of this work! - 4', -

'Please reply this e-mail, I need the feedback! - 5');

I got the error message when comile the Form:

Identifier DEMO_MAIL.MAIL_5_LINES must be declared

What shall I do for that?  Because it is working when I call it through sqlplus.

Li

Re: Calling a back-end-procedures through Oracle Form 10g [message #86991 is a reply to message #86967] Fri, 26 November 2004 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi!
I don't think you need to EXEC.

but... obviously check the database connection and user has access to the object.

As you say, if it works from SQL then it should be able to be called from Forms (with few exceptions)
Re: Calling a back-end-procedures through Oracle Form 10g [message #87016 is a reply to message #86991] Mon, 29 November 2004 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zun Xing Li
Then, I call this procedure by suing a trigger - WHEN BOTTON PRESSED - as below:
LRCR.DEMO_MAIL.MAIL('zunxing.li@boeing.com', -
'melani.morales@boeing.com; zunxing.li@boeing.com; robert.a.kasson@boeing.com', -
'LRCR AUTOMATIC MAIL NOTIFICATION', -
'The subject Logistics Requirement Change Request || to_char(:ORIG.LRCR_NBR)|| is available in the LRCR system. -
One of two actions required at this time:(1) Provide impact narrative OR (2) Provide impact incorporation date. -
Please complete the action required within the assigned duration. If necessary, -
please forward this request to the responsible analyst in your group. -
Please enter inputs and SAVE in LRCR to indicate you are done. -
Activities not completed within the allocated duration will generate late messages to the responsible person, -
the Evaluator, and the LRG for the given LRCR. To review the duration for the given activity, -
access the SCHEDULE from the LRCR Main Menu pulldown. -
Any questions or assistance, please contact the LRCR Evaluator. -
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE, CONTACT THE EVALUATOR: -
Internal Boeing user may access the LRCR System: -
http://svwww026.web.boeing.com:8080/forms60java/lrcr.f60?config=lrcr. -
Please reply me this e-mail, this is the testing for F15 LRCR Form');

I got the following error message:
FRM-40735: %s trigger raised unhandled exception %s. Cause:  Application design error. The current trigger raised an exception (other than FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE), but it did not handle the exception. Action:  Rewrite the trigger text to handle the

Then What is wrong? Thank You again!

Li
Re: Calling a back-end-procedures through Oracle Form 10g [message #87107 is a reply to message #86967] Mon, 06 December 2004 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fang
Dear Mr. Li,

I am interested on your code, but I also suggest you to use a free send email component named CmdEmail.

The component is a command line e-mail utility running on windows os, it can be integrated to your forms. see also:

http://www.lv2000.com/sendmail.htm

Fang
Re: Calling a back-end-procedures through Oracle Form 10g [message #87108 is a reply to message #86967] Mon, 06 December 2004 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fang
http://www.lv2000.com/sendmail.htm
Re: Calling a back-end-procedures through Oracle Form 10g [message #87152 is a reply to message #87108] Fri, 10 December 2004 08:18 Go to previous message
Zun Xing Li
Calling the back-end package in the database is working now for me. I cannot using " - " to break the command line in the Form, although it works in SQLPLUS and Notepad for running in Oracle database.

I take Just John's suggestion and change it. It works!
Thanks for everybody try to help me!

Li
Previous Topic: How to beak a single line command line into muliple lines?
Next Topic: clear the text item and place on other control
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 16:07:11 CDT 2024