Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Getting the cursor position on a TextItem
Getting the cursor position on a TextItem [message #79460] Tue, 11 June 2002 20:17 Go to next message
Dorian Rovira
Hopping you can help me, how do I can get the position of the cursor in a text item so that later I can add more text between the text that was written before.
For example: First you write ¨abcde¨, then the cursor is positioned with the mouse after ¨c¨. Later you add ¨ZZZ¨ with a button trigger where the cursor was last positioned. The result is: ¨abcZZZde¨.
Thanks
Re: Getting the cursor position on a TextItem [message #79476 is a reply to message #79460] Thu, 13 June 2002 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rama krishna
hi,
there is a property called keep position in forms 4.5 for text items, i didn't checked it in 6i, i think it is same.
set the value to yes... and then try...

hope this will work for u...

cheers
ram
Re: Getting the cursor position on a TextItem [message #79478 is a reply to message #79476] Thu, 13 June 2002 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorian Rovira
I try using the Keep Cursor property but it didn't work.
I'm now trying with the function SendKeys of the win_api_shell DLL to see if the cursos stays in its position so that I can insert later more information.
Re: Getting the cursor position on a TextItem [message #111521 is a reply to message #79478] Thu, 17 March 2005 01:43 Go to previous message
koala_dicky
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am very interest in you win_api_shell DLL of the SendKeys function. Can you disclose the code to me or explain more detail to me ??
Previous Topic: How to Return a value back to the parent form
Next Topic: text item and list item
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:59:50 CDT 2024